• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pretend we trade so that we have two first round picks

Brokenbad

Who would you take with those two picks?

For me, it would be Peterson and Pouncey.

Peterson would immediatley upgrade our special teams and secondary. Secondary and ST are going to be a big part of beating our divison rivals, who happen to be three of the best teams in the NFL.

Pouncey would immediatley help out on our run game that seemed to have no life last year. If we get Pouncey, he could also help protect whoever lines up at QB for us.

I know we are in need of a quaterback. I just feel as though any stop gap that we pick up in free agency would be just as good or better than another rookie under center. Having said that, why not grab superior talent in Patrick Peterson?

DT is deep in this draft, we have two third rounders.

SO who would you pick with two first rounders in this draft?

Any two players or a top prospect and a mid first rounder?

Two top guys: Green and Peterson

Top and mid: Green and Jimmy Smith

I think Green is the best player in the draft and Smith-Peterson are two amazing cover corners (Smith does have some character concerns, but I have no idea how legit they are).

Any two players or a top prospect and a mid first rounder?

Two top guys: Green and Peterson

Top and mid: Green and Jimmy Smith

I think Green is the best player in the draft and Smith-Peterson are two amazing cover corners (Smith does have some character concerns, but I have no idea how legit they are).

I was thinking all players available.

The closer we get to draft day the more i feel we want take a Quarterback one reason it maybe two risky especially if they dont plan out. So if we trade back it maybe the best scenario for a rebuilding team. If we can get two first round picks at the top of the draft I will target AJ Green and with the second one I would see if we can get Prince amukamara. At lets say if they be Mid round picks we could probably target JJ Watt or Cam Jordan and with the second one maybe Pouncey or somebody else.

Um, the only team we could trade with that has 2 first round picks is NE. At #17 and 28 we're not looking at cream of the crop talent...at #17 I guess we could get Fairley maybe, or one of the OTs, or Corey Liuget (kinda bleh about him), Cam Jordan (don't particularly need a DE and he's a tweener..), Daquan Bowers (still don't need a DE but BPA..), Mallett. Most of the best value around 17 is at OT and DE, not in our biggest needs. We need OT depth, if we're drafting one of the top two or three OTs in this draft, we're either giving up on Otah or using our top pick on depth...I don't like the sound of either.

At #28 we could probably get Kyle Rudolph, Brandon Harris, Marvin Austin, Ingram/RB we like the best (if somehow CBA gets worked out in the next week and Deangelo leaves or the plan to let Deangelo walk and want to let everyone know during the draft), Paea, Kaepernick/Mallett. I like the value for our needs at #28 better, but still they're 2nd and 3rd tier guys already.

I still don't want to trade out of the top 5 or 6. If we can pick up either a 2nd this year or a 1st next year by trading down within the top 5 or 6 and still get Newton/Dareus/Gabbert/Green/Peterson/Miller (in that order) I'll consider it a success.

Heh, we still woulda lost 10-14 games with that defense last year. How many games did we score over 17 points?

Oh Noez we couldn't score last year with a rookie Qb...Wait i know how to fix that....let's draft another rookie QB this year..Yeah that's it then we will win all the games.

Mirror_spock.jpg

Thats highly illogical!

I would like peterson and j. jones

Oh Noez we couldn't score last year with a rookie Qb...Wait i know how to fix that....let's draft another rookie QB this year..Yeah that's it then we will win all the games.

Mirror_spock.jpg

Thats highly illogical!

I would like peterson and j. jones

Wait he has a beard dosn't that make him Spock's evil twin? And does that make your arguement opposite of what you said?

Archived