• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I came to a realization today...

Ricky Spanish

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/mock-drafts

How about every NFL.com analyst?

McShay Mock

McShay has us taking him as of 4/20. If there is a newer board, please link.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Walterfootball has us taking him #1. (updated 4/19)

You do know there's a difference between a mock draft and a big board, right?

McShay thinks ww should take Dareus, but believes we'll take Newton, thus his mock.

Why dont we take the name Cam out of the equation and call it raw talent.The question then becomes can a qb with emense raw talent come with our current infrastructue(OL and receivers) and be expected to make an impact on our team in 2011 year considering a short training season and the fact he may not even see a play book until june.

I think not.This is an incredibly bad year to be taking a qb if you are expecting to even evaluate him this year ,much less expect him to take us to the promise land.If you will think about it most of the qbs that have been successiful in year one have had an above average infrastrure. Does anyone really think big ben would have perfomed the same way if it was Panthers drafting him this year versus the steelers a few years back?

I think we bring in a stop gap veteran for competion until we get our poop together.

Just something to ponder

Why dont we take the name Cam out of the equation and call it raw talent.The question then becomes can a qb with emense raw talent come with our current infrastructue(OL and receivers) and be expected to make an impact on our team in 2011 year considering a short training season and the fact he may not even see a play book until june.

I think not.This is an incredibly bad year to be taking a qb if you are expecting to even evaluate him this year ,much less expect him to take us to the promise land.If you will think about it most of the qbs that have been successiful in year one have had an above average infrastrure. Does anyone really think big ben would have perfomed the same way if it was Panthers drafting him this year versus the steelers a few years back?

Just something to ponder

Honestly I don't care about said QB contributing in year 1, just as long as he can be ready by year two and start excelling by year 3. I don't think anyone expects to draft a QB that will make us instant winners this year...

The question with a player with raw talent is will he be able to succeed in the near future... Long term projects are more for later round picks not round 1.

Some believe Cam can quickly translate his game to the NFL

Some believe he never will

Some think it's too much of a risk to take #1

Some think it's too much of a risk to pass

and some like myself are on the fence and unsure.

Does anyone really think big ben would have perfomed the same way if it was Panthers drafting him this year versus the steelers a few years back?

Yes, I think he would have been successful here.

Superbowls? I don't know. There are too many other variables.

Yes, I think he would have been successful here.

Superbowls? I don't know. There are too many other variables.

I was referring to year 1 with the Panters versus year one with the Steelers.

My point is we do not have the infrastructure in place as the Steelers did.

More than likely not..... He got drafted after two other QB's and fell to the middle of the 1st round; therefore, a better team. Now if he was drafted by a team in the middle of the first round this year there is a good chance the answer would be yes.

But I also do not think he would have performed as well if he was drafted #1 overall that year.

Yeah, but ours isn't bad. The biggest problem right now is probably the lockout.

But we have a good running game and a pretty good o-line when healthy, so it is not as bad as some would have you think.

Yeah, but ours isn't bad. The biggest problem right now is probably the lockout.

But we have a good running game and a pretty good o-line when healthy, so it is not as bad as some would have you think.

Healthy is the key word.Another key word is depth.Our OL was good when we had both Otah,Gross,Wharton and Vincent.Otah went down and they let Vincent go without an adaquete replacement.At that point our OL was bad and that is why our running game fell off and partially responsible for the lack of protection.Davidsons play calling and the abesence of a veteran qb contributed as well.Fast forward to today we have Otah who is out of shape and injury prone and Swartz who needs to play guard or is depth.We may have better play calling but clearly do not have the pieces in place for a young qb.

Originally Posted by Marguide

That certainly plays into it. The fact we may not be in training camp until June will certainly dilute the value of picking a qb for the first pick but does not preclude it but you may not even begin evaluate their progress until year 2.With the money you pay for the first pick you can only give them so much time to develope before the investment is not worthy of it.

If there was a 1st rd qb that did not need the development of Cam I could support it more but as witnessed in the Gruden interview Cam has a long ways to go despite his imense physcial talent.Gabbert seemed bettter prepared but I just do not see the confidense or track record that warrent the face of the franchise.The fact is this is not a good year to hold the top pick especially if you need a qb

You Da Man,Cracka.

We get Dareus or Gabbert and then we will

have some coachable excellent players.

I do not want someone who cheats, lies and steals

to be the "Face" our ball club. Besides there are much

better players we could get at #1.

Sailor Jerry

You Da Man,Cracka.

We get Dareus or Gabbert and then we will

have some coachable excellent players.

I do not want someone who cheats, lies and steals

to be the "Face" our ball club. Besides there are much

better players we could get at #1.

Sailor Jerry

almost everyone in their life has at some point cheated, stole, or lied to some varying degrees..he didn't shoot anybody nor was he abusing women..

The reality is that quarterbacks are held to a higher standard than most "normal" people... and when you're talking about potentially paying a guy millions, you want to be sure that his youthful indiscretions were just that.

but tbh, I think if we pass on him it won't be due to what he did in his past but what the Panthers think he is capable of as a QB.

The reality is that quarterbacks are held to a higher standard than most "normal" people... and when you're talking about potentially paying a guy millions, you want to be sure that his youthful indiscretions were just that.

but tbh, I think if we pass on him it won't be due to what he did in his past but what the Panthers think he is capable of as a QB.

Yes i'm pretty sure teams are passed his past transgressions and its just coming down to what they believe he can do at the next level..although we have so many here that can't accept that.

Yes i'm pretty sure teams are passed his past transgressions and its just coming down to what they believe he can do at the next level..although we have so many here that can't accept that.

You are 100% correct my friend... I'm looking forward to whomever we decide to draft... Then all the shyit talker will cease, and get behind the pick because...

NEWSFLASH!!! We're just fans and that's our only option! If u choose not to be a fan at that point you probably weren't a fan to begin with, and shouldn't have ever posted on here!

I'm looking forward to the draft and beyond. I like watching the you tube highlights of the no name guys that we draft in the later rounds anyways!

Have you guys ever wondered why Kiper, and McShay only mock like the first 15 guys!? How can u even call yourself an expert!? Draft the whole damn draft!!!! That would be impressive!!

Archived