• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Taking the 15th ranked player with the #1 overall pick doesn't make much sense...

Darth Urious

:lol: Neither was Freeman, Brees, or Ryan coming out.

Ryan had so many questions a QB starved Miami team passed on him :rofl:

I was one guilty of thinking they should take long.... They took the correct way to rebuilding by getting the top O-lineman and getting Henne in the 2nd round.

Sad they are still nowhere close to being out of mediocrity and being able to beat the patriots or jets year in and year out to consistently make it to the playoffs....

Looking back, I think they would have been happy with Ryan and then filling in the pieces around him.

Now is either Cam or Gab, Ryan or even better.... I honestly don't know.

There is no guy like Suh at the top of the draft. Our corners are going to play zone in our system so we don't really need a top top talent there either (and we already have Gamble). And talented as Green is, a WR's production is dependent on the QB. Smith is no slouch even at 31 and he's not at the point in his career where he can only offer about 3 receptions for 40 yards yet that's what he could do with no consistency at QB, there's too many question marks with the guys we have

We have at least one asset literally everywhere you look except for QB (DL-Johnson, LB-Beason, WR-Smith, DB-Gamble, Martin, OL-Gross, Kalil, RB-Stewart)

We've been bottomfeeding at the QB position for a while. If you think you can get away with bottomfeeding you better have a damn good QB coach and pass-friendly offensive system. Rob Chudzinski I think can run an effective offense, but not if his best option is Matt Moore. And Mike Shula turned Garrard into a halfway decent QB but he didn't make a McNair out of him.

If we draft Dareus, he better have one hell of a motor at over 300 lbs to go out there often because we're going to be going 3 and out a lot. All of our starters on that side of the ball better be conditioned enough to keep up with these high powered offenses

Cam Newton is the #1 ranked player and the QB we've coveted most, so I dont know why his name is associated with this thread. Now I agree, taking Jake Locker at #1 (who is ranked close to 15) doesnt make much sense.

Your ignorance amazes me....

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2011/top-nfl-prospects-for-2011.cfm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011bigboard.php

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14976030/rangs-big-board-fine-tuning-as-draft-draws-near

Cam Newton is the consensus #1 and the favorite to be picked by Carolina #1. What is Andrew Luck's ranking this draft? :lol:

Can you please point me to where I mentioned Andrew Luck....and no as I just showed you your messiah is FAR from the consensus number one....

Guys... this thread started off with good debate, can we have 1 that keeps it that way.... If Darth ever comes back.... he has some post to answer...

Fair enough

The momentum for Cam Newton to be the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft is building.

In the latest version of USA TODAY's mock draft, Newton is projected by all six of our analysts as the top overall selection.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/04/nfl-mock-draft-cam-newton-now-consensus-no-1-pick-1/1

Cam Newton is the #1 ranked player and the QB we've coveted most, so I dont know why his name is associated with this thread. Now I agree, taking Jake Locker at #1 (who is ranked close to 15) doesnt make much sense.

who or what publication has Newton ranked #1? You clearly are in tune to these because you know that Locker is ranked close to 15.

I don't think you're unintelligent but Newton compromises your ability to think clearly.

who or what publication has Newton ranked #1? You clearly are in tune to these because you know that Locker is ranked close to 15.

I don't think you're unintelligent but Newton compromises your ability to think clearly.

Hurney's draft board?? ;)

Hurney's draft board?? ;)

Can you tell Hurney that he sounds like a guy who's been smoking for 46.7 years.....since you obviously know him on a personal level. That would be the only way you would know what his big board looks like....

Can you please point me to where I mentioned Andrew Luck....and no as I just showed you your messiah is FAR from the consensus number one....

No you didn't mention luck...

BUT you are claiming that almost everybody that's been talking about our #1 pick is supposedly saying that we're NOT going to pick Newton!????

I'd like to know what you've been watching!!!!

I think we should pick Cam, but we ultimately won't...

For you to sit here and say that all the talking heads don't think we're going to draft Cam is absolutely bananas! That's all the media is talking about!

Congrats on copying and pasting the only links in the entire Internet that suggest we won't take him though!

I feel that way with you and Luck. Your loyalty to him blinds you to the fact he's unproven. He's all potential at this point and the notion that he stands head and shoulders above the QBs in this class is laughable. His draft stock might never be as high as it was after the Orange Bowl. USA Today is the publication that is calling Cam Newton "The Consensus #1". There are other publications that consider Newton the best QB and consensus #1 in this draft. Surprised you havent seen them.

Can you tell Hurney that he sounds like a guy who's been smoking for 46.7 years.....since you obviously know him on a personal level. That would be the only way you would know what his big board looks like....

LOL. True but I will know who #1 on his draft board is on Thursday. Well unless we trade out of the pick.

Archived