• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mark Sanchez

joemac

We passed up on Brady Quinn which was one of the worst draft experiences to me. I was crazy about Quinn and still think he should have been the top pick of that draft over Russell. I can only assume that if Sanchez is there while we're on the clock, we pass up on another potential superstar quarterback.

We passed up on Brady Quinn which was one of the worst draft experiences to me. I was crazy about Quinn and still think he should have been the top pick of that draft over Russell. I can only assume that if Sanchez is there while we're on the clock, we pass up on another potential superstar quarterback.

Quinn hasn't exactly done anything yet to really make us regret passing him up. Not to mention we got a pretty decent linebacker and center out of the deal, I'm not sure you've heard of them...

NO OFFENSE!!!!

why are we still discussing bringing in offensive players with early picks.

WE NEED DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!

DT

DE

CB

THESE ARE THE PRIORITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

We won't go for a QB. They are far from cream of the crop, and not worth a 1st round.

However, the main fact is that Fox and staff dislike drafting QB's in the 1st/2nd/3rd round. They'd rather beef up defense or solidify the O-line or scoop up a WR. The Panthers organization have made it pretty clear through many years that they prefer QB's with experience under their belt.

Maybe if we had a completely different coaching staff, a guy like Sanchez could make it on the Panthers roster should he fall to the 15-20 pick range.

Let's remember that the only QB the Panthers have taken in the 1st round was Kerry Collins back in 1995. And that was more out of necessity.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon. I like the way the Panthers have used their 1st round picks since 2002. Each one of em has been a full-time starter for the Panthers. Can't ask for much better than that. Look at all the busts teams have seen in the 1st round since 2002. Bleh.

I'm pretty positive our QB rotation is Delhomme/McCown/Moore again next year. Who is the rookie going to supplant, anyways? McCown will be #2 because of game experience. He'd need to beat out Moore.

Beating out Moore shouldnt be that hard at all.

And if the Panthers ever waste a pick on a scrub like The Golden Calf of Bristol, the fans should riot.

Beating out Moore shouldnt be that hard at all.

And if the Panthers ever waste a pick on a scrub like The Golden Calf of Bristol, the fans should riot.

We've gone round on this before :P

I'm talking blowing him out of favor. He's very well liked from all indications and we are very loyal.

We've gone round on this before :P

I'm talking blowing him out of favor. He's very well liked from all indications and we are very loyal.

So was Brett Basanez. His lack of talent and ability will eventually trump his demeanor and personality.

Quinn hasn't exactly done anything yet to really make us regret passing him up. Not to mention we got a pretty decent linebacker and center out of the deal, I'm not sure you've heard of them...

To be fair, the quarterback who plays ahead of Quinn made the Pro Bowl...and just one year later, the team is looking to deal him, because of Quinn's performance.

Patience is a virtue, especially with quarterbacks. Mark Sanchez will be a stud for someone, if given the right situation, and the right system. I would love to spend a first round pick that we don't have on Mark Sanchez. It seems to make more sense than spending a first round pick that we did have last year, on a running back, when we already had one of those! Another former first round pick, and a clear stud. Thank you Mr. Williams.

This year, or next, will be the perfect time to take the following very early in the draft (rounds 1-3).

A quarterback, a receiver, and a defensive tackle.

ie, an eventual Delhomme replacement, a Smitty replacement (not a number 2), and a d-tackle. A real one!

Common sense being what it is...if we lose Lucas, we clearly need a corner. Preferrably early as well.

Archived