• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mark Sanchez

joemac

Ok, so say that we trade Peppers to some team, and we get a first rounder in the 9-17 range....

Say that the teams above us pass on a guy like Mark Sanchez, who is a great prospect, and could be a really good QB with a few years to sit and learn from a veteran. What would you guys think if we drafted him?

And I know, I know....USC QB's suck blah blah blah.

If we take a QB (we won't) I really hope we stay away from the upper tier this year. Stafford looks like a good prospect but will be gone very early and get one of those rookie contracts that makes my eyes bleed when I read them.

Sanchez has one year starting on a team with an overload of talent. He might turn out great, but no one really knows at this point. Risky. Plus the sexual assault charge (was dropped because there were no other witnesses) might give pause.

Maybe try to snag Davis in the second if we really want young, decent talent to develop, or a small school QB later on.

I'm pretty positive our QB rotation is Delhomme/McCown/Moore again next year. Who is the rookie going to supplant, anyways? McCown will be #2 because of game experience. He'd need to beat out Moore.

I am kind of getting tired of all this assumption that we won't take a QB in the draft. Its not like Fox and Hurney haven't drafted a QB before, ya know? Bare in mind that neither of them were successful but still.

and I tend to remind folks that if it hadn't been for the Texans taking Carr #1 back in 02, we would've probably taken him.

Point being is, despite who is behind Jake, I am not ruling out the possibility of them taking a QB at some point in the draft but I think it will all depend on what we do with Peppers, if anything.

Do I think we will draft a QB in the 1st? IN MY OPINION, no but stranger things have happen. Last year, I didn't think there was a remote possibility that we would take a RB in the 1st either, yet we did.

Just my two cents

I am kind of getting tired of all this assumption that we won't take a QB in the draft. Its not like Fox and Hurney haven't drafted a QB before, ya know? Bare in mind that neither of them were successful but still.

and I tend to remind folks that if it hadn't been for the Texans taking Carr #1 back in 02, we would've probably taken him.

Point being is, despite who is behind Jake, I am not ruling out the possibility of them taking a QB at some point in the draft but I think it will all depend on what we do with Peppers, if anything.

Do I think we will draft a QB in the 1st? IN MY OPINION, no but stranger things have happen. Last year, I didn't think there was a remote possibility that we would take a RB in the 1st either, yet we did.

Just my two cents

I don't think we'll never take a QB, but that our org is just really comfortable with our stable right now. I dislike Jake, but they don't and have a lot of confidence in him still. I also remember reading (maybe Gantt) that we had been chasing McCown for a while before we finally landed him, so we like him. That leaves Moore in the #3 spot who seems to be well regarded and would probably have to be blown out in training camp to get shoved out of that spot. We'll have to pick up someone for the PS, so maybe a late round or undrafted guy again this year who they see some potential in.

Archived