• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Core

NJPanthers12

What players do you consider the core of this team? What I mean by that what players do you think should be here for a while and are capable of being part of a Super Bowl team. Assume DeAngelo, Johnson, Davis, and Anderson are brought back, who are the players you feel are part of the core? To me it would be:

QB: Cam Newton

RB: DeAngelo Williams

RB: Jonathan Stewart

LT: Jordan Gross

C: Ryan Kalil

DE: Charles Johnson

WLB: Thomas Davis

MLB: Jon Beason

I think Sherrod Martin and Greg Hardy are capable of joining.

He was drafted number 1, he is the QB, he is the face of the franchise. As of right now it is safe to say he is part of the core.

If he breaks a leg in summer camp and is out for the season, at the end of the year, he still would have never contributed to this team at all and could never be considered a part of the core.

Just saying.

He was drafted number 1, he is the QB, he is the face of the franchise. As of right now it is safe to say he is part of the core.

being drafted number 1 doesn't make you the face of the franchise.....

Russell

Long

Smith

Carr

list goes on, and on.... being number 1 overall just means more people are going to say " I told you so " when they are a bust, hopefully that's not us.

being drafted number 1 doesn't make you the face of the franchise.....

Russell

Long

Smith

Carr

list goes on, and on.... being number 1 overall just means more people are going to say " I told you so " when they are a bust, hopefully that's not us.

Are you talking about Jake Long??

point is that dude said taking him at number 1 makes his the face of the franchise......:hurray:

Well he is going to be the guy doing all the commercials and whose on all the billboards, that's for sure. But he will have to perform before he's considered the face of the franchise....that honor would belong to either Beason or Smitty atm. If he does perform though Cam will find himself in that spot sooner rather then later and he will certainly be part of the core. One step at a time though....

Archived