• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera On 99.9 the Fan

Nicbsbll2

In

Adam and Joe were HUGE trade-down voices in Raleigh. Wonder if they're going to hit hard, or just maintain good relations (aka kiss-ass)

yeah.. they drive me crazy. I would be surprised to find bigger douchebags on the radio than these 2. also, haters would be too good of a term for them.

if anyone ever wants to feel greater than, call up the show. Gold usually presents ignorant/off the wall opinions, extremely often.

Guest Setfree1012

wow... Am I reading too much into this... or did Ron Rivera just pretty much say that Steve Smith is outta here.

If you're going to make a post like this a quote from the interview would be nice so that those who are unable to listen aren't sitting in the dark. In short I'd have to say you're reading to much into it.

We're still locked out and haven't even had FA yet, if we lost Smith we'd have a pretty damn big whole at receiver. No one on the current roster has shown they're a #1 at this point.

Yea can someone recap the steve smith portion?

They asked about Steve's situation. Rivera said that he met him before the lockout, got an understanding of who he was/what he wants, etc. He then said that he told Steve that they would look at his situation after the lockout ended and would try to accommodate him (note: he didn't say they would trade him, so it's possible they could be trying to make certain accommodations on the team/playing calling/etc that Steve might want to see) but first and foremost he will be looking out for what's best for the Panthers, not Steve Smith.

In

Adam and Joe were HUGE trade-down voices in Raleigh. Wonder if they're going to hit hard, or just maintain good relations (aka kiss-ass)

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of them either. The only reason I'm listening this afternoon is because I saw on twitter earlier today that Rivera would be on at 3:30.

Well there were some extenuating circumstances, unfair to judge them, but had that was all we had to review them on.

I guess this speaks louder to last years circumstances than fans want to give credit. doesn't matter, coaching staff realize there should be further investigation before forming an opinion.

His answer about Cam running was spot on and shows Rivera has a very good plan on how to use Cam's attributes to the benefit of the offense and Cam Newton.

This was my favorite part. It really seems like Rivera and Chud have a very good understanding of Cam's abilities and how to take advantage of them. I also like the fact that he said they went over things that Cam needs to be working on during the lockout.

RR- In between Don McNabb and Big Ben. Cam isn't a scrabbling QB. Most of his runs were called plays. Things you saw time and time again was that when he had a called pass play he stayed in the pocket, or when he got flushed his eyes stayed down field and was looking to pass

this is good to know...

If you're going to make a post like this a quote from the interview would be nice so that those who are unable to listen aren't sitting in the dark. In short I'd have to say you're reading to much into it.

We're still locked out and haven't even had FA yet, if we lost Smith we'd have a pretty damn big whole at receiver. No one on the current roster has shown they're a #1 at this point.

If there was a way to take a pie slice away from you for your improper use of the word "whole," then it should certainly be done.

Here are a few examples:

I ate the WHOLE pie.

Shut your pieHOLE.

But I agree with you about Steve Smith.

In the future, I'll be sure to address the PERSON WHO STARTED THE THREAD. Thanks for the heads up.

Guest Setfree1012

If there was a way to take a pie slice away from you for your improper use of the word "whole," then it should certainly be done.

Here are a few examples:

I ate the WHOLE pie.

Shut your pieHOLE.

But I agree with you about Steve Smith.

In the future, I'll be sure to address the PERSON WHO STARTED THE THREAD. Thanks for the heads up.

Typo man, it happens, I'm not here to impress a board with my grammar skills. it really isn't that serious. :jc:

Archived