• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pathetic nascar

cptx

honestly, I liked the non call...I think there are too many pussy caution flags and this showed that there wasn't a need...track was clear by the time the leaders came around.

Regardless, it wasn't consistent with the way NASCAR had been issuing caution flags the rest of the night.

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

that would have been the same as taking out a front page article stating, "we engineered Jr's win"

The bumping was on the first of two laps and caution should have been thrown then, waiting a full lap later after the white flag would have stunk to high heaven.

By the way, Nascar rules aren't that hard to grasp.

What gets me is that NASCAR doesn't realize half of its fan base sees what they're doing when they pull stuff like that.

The fan base will still watch. They lose very few viewers by pulling all these strings for the chosen one.

I admit that it chased me away from the sport several years ago to the point that I just watch an occasional race here and there. But the number of Dale Jr jock sniffers far outweigh the numbers that give up on NASCAR because of the preferential treatment to Jr.

The fan base will still watch. They lose very few viewers by pulling all these strings for the chosen one.

I admit that it chased me away from the sport several years ago to the point that I just watch an occasional race here and there. But the number of Dale Jr jock sniffers far outweigh the numbers that give up on NASCAR because of the preferential treatment to Jr.

The lost fanbase isn't b/c NASCAR caters to Jr.

The lost fanbase all started in 2001 when NASCAR decided to pussify the sport. Maybe a bit earlier when it tried to stretch itself too far around the country and take away dates from its most historic tracks.

Rockingham gone

N. Wilksboro gone

Darlington cut to one race (and it's not Labor day anymore)

Threats to cut Martinsville to one race every year

Moving to California where they can't fill up the stands to save their life

The majority of the fanbase that is gone is from the South IMHO, although NASCAR doesn't want that to be known. They tried to make NASCAR more like the Indy series. If you want to watch that type of racing, watch Indy (nothing wrong with Indy, but they were two completely different styles of racing). NASCAR was rough, tough, and you had to bang fenders to win. Nowadays if you want to rough someone up, you are a poor sport.

While we're at it, let's pussify the NFL (already beginning to happen), NHL, and the MLB (they are in talks about it b/c Posey got hurt). NASCAR was a contact sport, now it's not so much. NASCAR's treatment of Jr. is not to blame for it's fanbase leaving.

Same mentality that has outlawed dodgeball in most PE classes.

Regardless, it wasn't consistent with the way NASCAR had been issuing caution flags the rest of the night.

But it is consistent with how they've been calling cautions on the final laps the past year.... This is not the first time people have been wrecking on the final lap only to see no caution flag. If it's behind the leaders they've been letting them race to the line.

But it is consistent with how they've been calling cautions on the final laps the past year.... This is not the first time people have been wrecking on the final lap only to see no caution flag. If it's behind the leaders they've been letting them race to the line.

It wasnt the final lap

Archived