• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pathetic nascar

cptx

The lost fanbase isn't b/c NASCAR caters to Jr.

And I didn't say that. In fact, I said that NASCAR has lost very few fans because of the JR catering/rigging/preferential treatment. I was rationalizing why NASCAR keeps pulling these stunts for JR when it is quite clear to the average intelligent and greater than that people of the world that that is what NASCAR is doing.

And I didn't say that. In fact, I said that NASCAR has lost very few fans because of the JR catering/rigging/preferential treatment. I was rationalizing why NASCAR keeps pulling these stunts for JR when it is quite clear to the average intelligent and greater than that people of the world that that is what NASCAR is doing.

I wasn't arguing with you, just elaborating more on the discussion between you and Meat about lost fanbase.:)

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

Thought it went back to green/white/checkered in that scenario? Or is that just the second to last lap?

Why is it "pussifying" if you have one athlete who can't defend himself? Do boxing referees allow boxers to keep pounding another boxer who can't keep his gloves up?

Who can't defend themself? The catcher/Posey? If you can't man up, don't block the plate. Make the tag off to the side.

I agree with Bobby Valentine's assessment of what happened. Don't start making new rules, just change the culture and the way the catcher blocks the plate.

Had Nascar really been wanting a Jr win, they would've thrown the caution after he took the white flag. Then it's a done race.

Hate to break to the haters.

Learn the rules before you post dumb poo.

I was waiting for them to do that. I would have been pissed.

Who can't defend themself? The catcher/Posey? If you can't man up, don't block the plate. Make the tag off to the side.

I agree with Bobby Valentine's assessment of what happened. Don't start making new rules, just change the culture and the way the catcher blocks the plate.

They changed the rules in the NFL because they had to. Brady was lost for a full season because some big doofus took out his knee (intentional or not). Carson Palmer was never the same after that cheap shot in the playoffs. It's not "putting a dress" on the quarterback. It's protecting a multi-million dollar investment. I think they should do away with the slide rule, though. That's not fair to the defense.

As for baseball, you're right. The catcher shouldn't block the plate. I've felt that way forever. But the guy who got hurt left some of the plate open and the guy still took him out.

Archived