• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Workout News and Recaps

C-A-T-S

Kemba Walker Cancels Sacramento Kings NBA Draft Workout Against Jimmer Fredette

Walker just completed his first draft workout with the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday. He went head-to-head with Shelvin Mack, and according to sources both players were very impressive.

According to a source, the Bobcats really like Walker. But the problem is that they also really like their current point guard, DJ Augustin. They would certainly consider Walker at No. 9 if he was available, but they would also strongly consider passing him up. The Bobcats have a lot of needs, and point guard is the one position they're actually happy with, according to a source.

As it stands now, Walker's floor is likely the Bobcats at No. 9 with a slight chance he slides past them, and the Kings would likely take Walker at No. 7 if Brandon Knight and Kawhi Leonard were off the board (and maybe even if one or both of them were still on the board). Why take a chance of changing that?

This is all speculation, but what we do know is that Kemba Walker cancelled his workout against Jimmer Fredette next Thursday with the Sacramento Kings.

http://thehoopsreport.com/article.aspx?id=739

mikecranston1 Alec Burks dislocated shoulder yesterday in MIL, so not working out for #Bobcats. Marshon Brooks twisted ankle in NY Fri also sitting out.

22 minutes ago

mikecranston1 Klay Thompson, son of Mychal, would like to play for #Bobcats. Noted CHA's 3-pt woes. Also brother Trayce a baseball player w/ Kannapolis.

7 minutes ago

mikecranston1 Like this old school analysis on Burks, Brooks injuries from Silas: "A couple guys stubbed their toes so we couldn't go 3-on-3."

4 minutes ago

i figured both would just reschedule...i wouldn't be suprised at all if we grab kemba and then turn around and trade DJ...i think kemba has a higher ceiling and just possesses that swag and killer instinct that DJ lacks...that being said i don't think kemba falls to #9

So, who will we draft? Based on what I'm seeing on the board, I don't feel like this team will make huge strides based on just the draft - even with two first rounders.

you never know...while this draft lacks star power i think there is definitely some guys who will be around when we pick who can help our team improve...let's just be patient and see what our FO does to get this team on track to being a contender...it's not gonna happen overnight

mikecranston1 Alec Burks dislocated shoulder yesterday in MIL, so not working out for #Bobcats. Marshon Brooks twisted ankle in NY Fri also sitting out.

22 minutes ago

mikecranston1 Klay Thompson, son of Mychal, would like to play for #Bobcats. Noted CHA's 3-pt woes. Also brother Trayce a baseball player w/ Kannapolis.

7 minutes ago

mikecranston1 Like this old school analysis on Burks, Brooks injuries from Silas: "A couple guys stubbed their toes so we couldn't go 3-on-3."

4 minutes ago

tall 2 guard with range. we should take a long look at him.

Archived