• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Umm Am I Missing Something?

chknwing

Umm so Charlotte traded Gerald Wallace for #19, then trades Stephen Jackson to move up to #7? Does anyone else think this is absurd?

LOL, G-Force and Jax for Biyombo.

The only reason I am okay with it is because we can start rebuilding instead of being stuck in this cycle of mediocrity... Though I wish we would have gotten more in the end.

As Van Gundy said on draft night, it got us from being a mediocre team fighting over the 8 spot in the playoffs and having a mid 1st rd pick to becoming a "bad" team that will eventually get better.

As much as I loved Wallace and always will as a player - we are clearly in rebuiding mode and are building around PGs Augustin and Walker, SG Henderson, and PFs Thomas and Biyombo. A lot of cap is coming off in 2 years and we will have top 5 picks most likely the next 2 years and in time, this team will be a threat.

If we stuck with Wallace and Jackson, that wouldnt be the case.

As Van Gundy said on draft night, it got us from being a mediocre team fighting over the 8 spot in the playoffs and having a mid 1st rd pick to becoming a "bad" team that will eventually get better.

As much as I loved Wallace and always will as a player - we are clearly in rebuiding mode and are building around PGs Augustin and Walker, SG Henderson, and PFs Thomas and Biyombo. A lot of cap is coming off in 2 years and we will have top 5 picks most likely the next 2 years and in time, this team will be a threat.

If we stuck with Wallace and Jackson, that wouldnt be the case.

Understand you points.

I just think that the one year wonder of Biyombo was a VERY risky pick. He has little to no offensive skills. Would not have made the pick if it were me....but that is why I am not working for the NBA.

This is the Suck

Bobcats roster: D.J. Augustin #14, Bismack Biyombo #, Kwame Brown #54, Matt Carroll #33, Dante Cunningham #44, Boris Diaw #32, DeSagana Diop #7, Gerald Henderson #15, Corey Maggette #, Dominic McGuire #5, Cheapshot Artist #21, Joel Przybilla #10, Garrett Temple #41, Tyrus Thomas #12, Kemba Walker #, D.J. White #8

Question, how many games are we winning without the trades?? I'll answer that for you, enough to barely miss the playoffs and/or make it and get bounced in the first round, only to end up with a pooty lottery pick, or be without one completely. Same poo every over and over. Its time to switch it up, move on.

Umm so Charlotte traded Gerald Wallace for #19, then trades Stephen Jackson to move up to #7? Does anyone else think this is absurd?

Nope. With Jackson and Wallace we were bound for the 8th seed (at best) for a while. If that's what you wanted to see then that's fine. I understand people would rather see us be a playoff team than not. But really when you're an 8 seed you in the worst position. For one, you will be knocked out first round. And two, you get a middle of the road draft pick. So you are just stuck in that cycle.

We needed to rebuild. People always complained because we were mediocre but sometimes you have to take a step back to take two steps forward. That's what happens when you "blow it up."

Archived