• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Transformers 3

The Saltman

the 1st one was decent, the 2nd one was terrible but still good fx I guess.

All I want is eye candy, I'm not looking for intellectual stimulation. As for the girls I don't care that much either. I would never drop 10 bucks for a hot girl unless she was my date.

Just put on some 3D glasses and enjoy the eye candy. It looks like some good fxs.

God damnit, I don't care if the plot sucks ass, if there are another set of giant metal balls the size of small moons, or if they get the dancers at Uptown Cabaret to play every female part and couldn't act their way out of a traffic ticket...

Giant Robots who Transform into sweet ass cars and planes and poo, blowing up cities and fuging owning is awesome, and I WILL see this movie.

If I wanted a deeply provoking plot, I'd get my wife's copy of Steel Magnolias and watch that. If I want popcorn munching metal asswhupping, I'll go see Transformers.

Why people expect these movies to be some thought provoking episode of serious business blows my mind. Did any of you watch the animated show? FFS.... they had the wrong robot talking half the time. Just to have a movie were Optimus Prime doesn't turn blue spontaneously makes this franchise shine.

While I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment here... I think Salty's point is that they can do all the cool sh*t and have a decent plot if they tried a bit...

Ya at least keep me interested. Isn't a movie supposed to have a good story ? I watched the cartoon and the plots on that show was much better.

to be fair. we're grown now. i watched the cartoon too, and never noticed all the animation screw ups. i'm sure i would now.

That's another thread topic

or a pm

While I don't necessarily disagree with your sentiment here... I think Salty's point is that they can do all the cool sh*t and have a decent plot if they tried a bit...

"Decent plot" is so subjective though.

All Transformers story plots are thus (essentially):

1. Decepticons plot destruction and evil for Autobots, Mankind and Earth/Cybertron

2. Autobots either discover the plot, or intervene before the Decepticons can achieve their goal, which will require kicking of metal ass.

OR

2. The Decepticons pull off their plot, but the Autobots find a way to counter it that will require kicking of metal ass.

3. Metal ass is kicked. There are explosions. There are missles. There is bright beam-weapon or machine gun style fire fights. Often a Decepticon gets killed or maimed. Rarely an Autobot gets killed or maimed.

4. The good guys stand around at the end and say "Till all are one.", or some such unifying peaceful statement of love and brotherhood.

Anything else revolving a plot is simply fluff details that don't really matter for a Transformers story/movie. If you go into one of them expecting something more, you will be disappointed.

I'm talking about story not screwups. And megatron is supposed to be a badass. The guy has been getting his ass kicked the entire movie. I was a huge transformers kid when I grew up so to not make me happy is not a good thing. I'm not saying don't watch it. Have fun take your children. I'm just saying I was disapponted.

I'm talking about story not screwups. And megatron is supposed to be a badass. The guy has been getting his ass kicked the entire movie. I was a huge transformers kid when I grew up so to not make me happy is not a good thing. I'm not saying don't watch it. Have fun take your children. I'm just saying I was disapponted.

And I think you expected too much. That's all I'm saying.

i'm just making the point that we notice more as adults than we did as kids. try watching some old transformers now as an adult, and tell me what you honestly think. do you really think you will enjoy it as much, or at all?

i've watched some old cartoons that i used to love, and the only ones i can get through anymore are looney tunes.

Archived