• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coast Guard searching for missing boat with NFL players

NCMTNCAT

CLEARWATER, FL -- The Coast Guard is searching for a missing fishing boat about 50 miles off-shore in the Gulf of Mexico.

According to Coast Guard officials, the 21-foot fishing boat left from a boat ramp in Clearwater Pass Saturday about 6:30 am with 4 people on board.

A dispatcher told ABC Action News 3 of them are NFL players. One of the plays for the Detroit Lions, and one plays for the Oakland Raiders, the dispatcher said.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local/story/Coast-Guard-searching-for-missing-boat-with-NFL/LLFh0Ac2cECnkSanyO4BZA.cspx

I hope this turns out for the good, but I have to wonder what they are doing 50 miles out in a 21' boat on a day with rough seas. Thats a long way in a small boat

I agree...I would not be out that far in something that small.....and definitely too small of a boat for 4 NFL sized players. Sounds like horrific news, but I hope it turns out well.

MSNBC just said they found a 'cap size' boat in the gulf w/ a guy still with it. they're just speculatin' on if its the same people or not.

They found one alive who said at 2 am they all were alive with life jackets on. Local Tampa channel reporting.

Archived