• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huh, Peppers...

mantal

OK, we've heard all the theories...

Peppers to Tampa, Peppers to Denver, Peppers to

Oakland, Peppers to Kansas City, Peppers to Arizona, Peppers to

Dallas, Peppers to Pittsburgh, Peppers to Chicago, Peppers to NY, (both), Peppers to Miami, Peppers to...

Can we stop the crazy talk now? Hurney has made it plain.

We want him and will be firm in what we will take for him. If you don't come armed with plenty of ammo then don't come at all..

The problem, as I mentioned in the other thread, is that despite Hurney projecting such a firm stance on the franchise tag, Pep's cap number is paralyzing us from acquiring much needed depth and overall talent. We've already lost three guys from our OL unit alone that were legit players. I was happy to slap the tag on Pep and hopefully talk him into buying into the changes we've made... But, if something doesn't happen soon with his contract situation, we're in bad shape.

agreed.

he was within his rights to say that.

the decision for peppers to not sign and to leave was not hurney's or the panthers. they want him to stay an be a panther.

hurney has all the power here. if there isn't a team that doesn't want to agree to what the panthers are entitled to then peppers has to stay here. what peppers does with that is up to him.

The problem, as I mentioned in the other thread, is that despite Hurney projecting such a firm stance on the franchise tag, Pep's cap number is paralyzing us from acquiring much needed depth and overall talent. We've already lost three guys from our OL unit alone that were legit players. I was happy to slap the tag on Pep and hopefully talk him into buying into the changes we've made... But, if something doesn't happen soon with his contract situation, we're in bad shape.

I disagree. We have until the draft to make something happen. Then after the draft we pick up some cast offs (aka..Bridges) like we have before. We will be ok and we don't need to make a desperate move like the Patriots made. Peppers is going to be payed a lot of money but, he won't be on the bench......big difference. If we get JP to buy into our new scheme before the draft and re-up then we go in a different direction on draft day.....if not then we draft to replace him. Hurney is going to do what is best for this org. It might not be what we think is best but, I trust him to do the right thing.

ps. IMO...this whole situation is in JP's hands. He has the power to make things work. One way or the other.

Archived