• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Evidence that D-Will will remain a Panther?

BountyHunter

I agree. But Carolina has a history of investing in guys when they should be parting ways. The reason the Patriots are so good isn't b/c they draft great with there 1000 draft picks.....it is b/c they say good bye at the right time (even to big names and fan favorites) and bring in new blood through FA imo. Belichick would have made sure Williams got traded last year.

Pittsburgh too. They know when to fold em. What do Pittsburgh and NE have in common? They have represented the AFC in 7 of the last 10 super bowls.

They release players when they are starting to head down hill, which imo, DeAngelo is still climbing due to not having a ton of miles on his tires for this point in his career.

Nothing supports him "climbing". He is 28 and finished the last 2 hrs on IR. DeAngelo had tons of mileage before stepping on a NFL field. You can add all of Stewarts touches in college and his first 2 years in the pros together and he doesn't even sniff the workload Williams had in college alone.

Someone remind me, when can we start signing players? When does this 72 hour window start?

The way I understood it is the team facilities will open to players on Saturday, with free agency opening on Wednesday, if all goes as planned. So that gives Hurney & Co until Wednesday AM to get things done in house. I guess the 72 hour deal does not include working on Sunday... Teams can write up and have contracts signed & agreed upon, but nothing will be official until Wednesday.. Thats what I got from watching the press conference last night...

Archived