• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torry Holt?

jspeight49er

Realizing he no longer fits in the team’s plans, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked for his release from the Rams, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday.

The Rams have been shopping Holt, 32, on the trade market, but so far there have been no takers. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus on March 17, so it’s unlikely he will be a Ram beyond then.

But with free-agent wide receivers being signed daily around the NFL, and hundreds of millions of dollars already spent six days into free agency, Holt is seeking some closure to his time in St. Louis.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/03/st-louis-rams-receiver-torry-holt-asks-for-his-release/

Realizing he no longer fits in the team’s plans, seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver Torry Holt has asked for his release from the Rams, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Wednesday.

The Rams have been shopping Holt, 32, on the trade market, but so far there have been no takers. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus on March 17, so it’s unlikely he will be a Ram beyond then.

But with free-agent wide receivers being signed daily around the NFL, and hundreds of millions of dollars already spent six days into free agency, Holt is seeking some closure to his time in St. Louis.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/around-the-horns/around-the-horns/2009/03/st-louis-rams-receiver-torry-holt-asks-for-his-release/

I say why the hell not?? But that is just me...I would love to have Torry Holt on this team. I think that if he could go anywhere this is where he ends up for a hometown discount price. He said last year he wants to end his career in Carolina and I have no reason to believe that he has changed his mind on that.

Archived