• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stop worrying about the teams Salary Cap.

Gipetto

Do you not get it??? I am not against the signings.... but it is very true that the cap is more important than ever before!

Why????

Because for the next 10 years all teams will have a hard salary floor, and a hard salary cap. Meaning that each team's player payroll will be almost the same. So the team that best manages that cap will have a leg up on other teams....

It's like all teams have a allowance that is the same and they all must spend it... One team can go overpay and spend most of his allowance on one player, and not be left with enough to be competitive. Another team might bargain hunt and spend money on a bunch of bargain players, and they won't have enough talent to be a contender...

The winners are going to be the one's who finds good bargains, manage the cap well, and knows when to over spend and not over spend on players.

So to not think about the cap is a irresponsible way of thinking.

Therefore the larger signing bonuses..front loading these contracts to allow flexibility later

I haven't seen the contract, and I am sure you haven't either. But what worries me is the fact that we haven't addressed any of our needs besides a no frills run stopping dt. I don't think we are done in FA at all and we didn't go way way overboard in what we paid.

Talk to me again when I see an upgrade on our roster to the lack of depth at CB and WR and when we bring in a veteran QB to help out the stable of rookie/1st year QBs on our roster.

Is it really a surprise that they addressed the DT and RB spots first? I mean, they have been saying all along that this was the priority.

No reason for concern here. They appear to have a plan and are sticking to it. Lets see how things look come mid August when the dust settles.

No! you don't get it. Your not the GM your a fan, I could understand if you were in the meetings but your not. Our job as fans is to watch the games eat the hotdogs and cheer for our favorite team which is the carolina panthers.

It's not worrying about how much money this or that guy is making cause thats not our decision to make no matter how much you wanna debate about it.

So then basically every post on this board that is speculating who we might sign or who is available or how each person fits for the Carolina Panthers doesn't need to be talked about either, because we are not in the room.

Its a message board and people just want to put their input in; I am sure besides the few crazy ones 99.9% of the people who visit and post here know that what they type has no bearing on what the Front Office is going to do.

No! you don't get it. Your not the GM your a fan, I could understand if you were in the meetings but your not. Our job as fans is to watch the games eat the hotdogs and cheer for our favorite team which is the carolina panthers.

It's not worrying about how much money this or that guy is making cause thats not our decision to make no matter how much you wanna debate about it.

BOO Freakin HOO!

imager.php?id=35660&t=o GIFSoup

So then basically every post on this board that is speculating who we might sign or who is available or how each person fits for the Carolina Panthers doesn't need to be talked about either, because we are not in the room.

Its a message board and people just want to put their input in; I am sure besides the few crazy ones 99.9% of the people who visit and post here know that what they type has no bearing on what the Front Office is going to do.

Agreed. In the end the majority of people on this board will be going to games no matter how this offseason turns out.

Therefore the larger signing bonuses..front loading these contracts to allow flexibility later

I agree 100%, I said this in another thread. I would love to see these contracts be front loaded! If they are, then I am thrilled.... Oh and bonuses count against the cap also.

Well you probably shouldn't visit any teams message board ever! No decision our teams makes are our decisions, but we are fans of the teams therefore we speculate about things, give our opinions, and reactions to other fans who care about the team.

If you just want to watch and enjoy the product then go to the game and do that. You don't have to visit the board. But don't tell a fan what they should do to be a fan, or what they can't say or talk about. I mean really, what do you expect in a sports team message board??????

Archived