• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

if Cam fails how long will u bandwagoners take to leave?

malik

In Clausen's defense, Flutie apparently didn't look like an NFL QB when he first got in the league either (although I was too young to have known anything about it at the time)... He wasn't good till he came back from the CFL.

Secondly, what doesn't work in Clausen's favor in this comparison, Flutie was extremely mobile and could scramble his ass off.

Yet funny that we shelled out all of that money to retain many of the key contributors to such a failed season. The team wasn't bad. The offense was, because we didn't have a QB and the coaching sucked.

When Matt Moore played, we scored more points - showing he was a better QB. When Clausen played, possessions died with throws out of bounds, checkdowns for 2 yards on 3rd and 15, or sacks, or when he was feeling really daring - pick sixes.

I understand wanting to give a guy a chance... but in all of my life watching football, and in all of my years of being a Panthers fan since we got a team, I have never seen a QB play so bad on a consistent basis. I have no idea where all of the support for him is coming from - he showed us NOTHING.

At least Randy Fasani could run and get a few yards despite not being able to pass... Jimmy was horrible. I was hoping he would come back improved and actually compete for the job, but it doesn't sound like a whole lot has changed from all the guys that cover our team and from many of the huddlers who have attended camp so far.

I agree that he shouldn't be booed and I think part of his problem now is that mentally he's trashed... Having your fans boo you at practice doesn't help that. But, unless he came in showing marked difference in his performance this year compared to last year, he shouldn't take any snaps this year.

I have to disagree with you here, two of those pick sixes were check down passes to the TE and FB.

Personally I think those that still support Clausen, didn't watch all 16 games like some of use diehard fans did.

I have to disagree with you here, two of those pick sixes was check down passes to the TE and FB.

Further proving he has the arm strength of a 10 year old.:cheers2:

I was saying daring to be a smart ass... I know he wasn't trying to be flashy or force anything... He just wasn't very good at all last season.

Thank you for the horrible refresher tough, lol.

Yet funny that we shelled out all of that money to retain many of the key contributors to such a failed season. The team wasn't bad. The offense was, because we didn't have a QB and the coaching sucked.

When Matt Moore played, we scored more points - showing he was a better QB. When Clausen played, possessions died with throws out of bounds, checkdowns for 2 yards on 3rd and 15, or sacks, or when he was feeling really daring - pick sixes.

I understand wanting to give a guy a chance... but in all of my life watching football, and in all of my years of being a Panthers fan since we got a team, I have never seen a QB play so bad on a consistent basis. I have no idea where all of the support for him is coming from - he showed us NOTHING.

At least Randy Fasani could run and get a few yards despite not being able to pass... Jimmy was horrible. I was hoping he would come back improved and actually compete for the job, but it doesn't sound like a whole lot has changed from all the guys that cover our team and from many of the huddlers who have attended camp so far.

I agree that he shouldn't be booed and I think part of his problem now is that mentally he's trashed... Having your fans boo you at practice doesn't help that. But, unless he came in showing marked difference in his performance this year compared to last year, he shouldn't take any snaps this year.

Let's face it, Jimmy was thrown into a lame duck situation he wasn't prepared for, and yea MM did do a little bit better job, but his turnovers and sacks were WAY up there in numbers. So its hard to say he was the "better" qb. He won just as many games as Jimmy did :D

I have to disagree with you here, two of those pick sixes were check down passes to the TE and FB.

*smh* People forget that Clausen was so bad that otherwise reasonable people were begging to put Armanti Edwards at QB even though he had never even practiced at that position in the NFL.

People would say "Armanti is too short and can't throw that good" and you could make a pretty compelling that Clausen had the same issue but at least Armanti could run around.

I mean... otherwise intelligent people were really saying this poo.

*smh* People forget that Clausen was so bad that otherwise reasonable people were begging to put Armanti Edwards at QB even though he had never even practiced at that position in the NFL.

People would say "Armanti is too short and can't throw that good" and you could make a pretty compelling that Clausen had the same issue but at least Armanti could run around.

I mean... otherwise intelligent people were really saying this poo.

Armanti would be broken in two after one hit. Then we'd still be with clausen at QB. So what's your point?

Let's face it, Jimmy was thrown into a lame duck situation he wasn't prepared for, and yea MM did do a little bit better job, but his turnovers and sacks were WAY up there in numbers. So its hard to say he was the "better" qb. He won just as many games as Jimmy did :D

True, and that's what I was getting at - the coaching was horrible. The playcalling was disgusting. But, if MM had played more games, we would've won more games, I'm sure of that.

But, the turnovers and sacks in general can be attributed to a highly predictable and simple offense. It's just with Jimmy, he never really had any bright spots to point to... All rookie QBs go through some sort of growing pains, or at least most do, but many have success and signs of future success along the way. Nothing Jimmy did suggested future success, that's what really told me that unless he came in a different player from an offseason of work and a year of experience under his belt, he was not a starting NFL QB.

I still hope he can salvage some success as an NFL player though.

Archived