• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If this doesn't make you laugh then nothing will..

unicar15

I have said plenty of times that I don't personally believe this is the year to draft a QB, but next year.........

I will definitely be in WTF mode if we exit next years draft w/o picking a QB.

I don't have anything against Moore but I just don't see him taking over the franchise, if I thought he was, I would be singing "start Moore" over "replace Jake".

I'm not saying to replace him right this second, I realize there is going to be a transition period(hopefully with replacement on the roster), also I think Moore will be a solid backup on our team for awhile.

It's fun to watch the process of how a winning organization...wins.

They are working out Sanchez while Manning is in his prime. We are saddling up Joke Delhomme after his worst game ever.

That winning organization wasn't any better than the Panthers last year, and working out Sanchez doesn't really mean ANYTHING. Lots of teams work out lots of players every year that they don't end up drafting. Even the Panthers do it, believe it or not.

BTW, as far as I'm concerned, any team that drafts Sanchez in the 1st round is being foolish. T.J Yates has more starting experience in college than Sanchez does.

I have said plenty of times that I don't personally believe this is the year to draft a QB, but next year.........

I will definitely be in WTF mode if we exit next years draft w/o picking a QB.

I don't have anything against Moore but I just don't see him taking over the franchise, if I thought he was, I would be singing "start Moore" over "replace Jake".

I'm not saying to replace him right this second, I realize there is going to be a transition period(hopefully with replacement on the roster), also I think Moore will be a solid backup on our team for awhile.

I don't see anything wrong with a pick late in the draft, Qb I mean. We've had good success outside the draft. Why not start out in the bottom, heh.

That winning organization wasn't any better than the Panthers last year, and working out Sanchez doesn't really mean ANYTHING. Lots of teams work out lots of players every year that they don't draft. Even the Panthers do it, believe it or not.

BTW, as far as I'm concerned, any team that drafts Sanchez in the 1st round is being foolish. T.J Yates has more starting experience in college than Sanchez does.

I agree with the Sanchez comment but its more the idea of planning for the future at that position. And it may be that Indy HAS to plan more than us because they are a pass first O and we are not. I dunno. I am just having a very tough time believing in Jake at all and believing that the "heir apparent" is already on board.

While I certainly have no problem looking towards the future at QB, I don't see what's all the big stir with Delhomme. Yeah, he's not all that great, but he probably gives us the best chance to win right now. (Unless you believe that McCown or Moore offer more) In another year, or two, or three? Who knows.? That remains to be seen.

While I certainly have no problem looking towards the future at QB, I don't see what's all the big stir with Delhomme. Yeah, he's not all that great, but he probably gives us the best chance to win right now. (Unless you believe that McCown or Moore offer more) In another year, or two, or three? Who knows.? That remains to be seen.

It's the "right now" that needs to be, has needed to be changed.

We drop him, nobody picks him up..nobody. If they do it will be as a backup at best, probably 3rd string.

Why is that guy our starter?

There are 32 starting jobs. NOTHING anyone says will convince me that there aren't at least 32 better options than Jake Delhomme out there.

It's not Jake's fault. Fault lies with Management.

Okay, this is getting a bit protracted. I'm done wasting bandwidth in this thread and wish all participants the best luck in their future internet endeavors. Sorry for the long ass page breaker everybody:

Again London...you are wrong.

Last season I praised the FO. I posted time and time again why I thought they did a hell of a job. From the vets they acquired to the draft moves that most posters disliked, I vehemently defended them. From the Brayton acquisition to the "mortgaging" of the future, I sided with them and not only posted about it but contributed a piece to a local mag here that was published.

So obviously you are lying about reading my posts. Try again.

So you're bipolar. I take back every bad thing I said about you crying because Jake tossed a couple of picks against Philadelphia in a preseason game. I remember your article getting published, too, it just slipped my mind.

yes the FO is responsible for those things you mentioned but don't try to save yourself. You fvcked up and talked outta yer a55 and now are just backpedaling with all the "homegrown" "contract negotiation" and "scouting" bullshi+.

that's your second lie

What the hell are you even talking about? You talked about the "overall ineptitude of the FO":

The stupidity of this team's FO concerning the QB position has long been a determining factor in its overall ineptitude.

Of course it' not the only factor that categorizes them this way...it's just all one really needs.

I responded thusly (after I had to explain your old nickname):

We just came off a season where we had the third leading rusher in the league despite his getting one hundred less carries than the first and second leading rushers, lead the league in total rushing TDs, had a first year player with 10 TDs, and locked up the entire line for the next two years, including our franchise left tackle for fairly cheap. We only had five day-one starters on offense that weren't drafted by the current FO/staff-Vincent, Jake, Hoover, Smith, and Moose. How that spells 'overall ineptitude' must be beyond my understanding.

Gee, there I am talking about drafts, scouting, and player contracts. Something that the front office is usually heavily involved in, how surprising!

Now, you:

you need to re read the post too.

what the fvck is wrong with you people? The ineptitude comment was about the FO.

need a link?

What on earth do you think I was talking about if not the Panthers front office? The weather? How did I backpedal when I (regrettably) attempted to engage in a semi-civil discussion with you by mentioning FO functions first?

and as far as you "proving" Joke does not suck. That is what you lame-a55 Joke apologists have been doing since I got here. One stupid stat after another to back up why this guy should get another pass. All in spite of what you see right in front of your face. The facts that any intelligent person can derive from watching this last season is that Jake struggled...with arguably the best rushing attack in the league. He got bailed out against Green Bay and was lucky to not have lost to the two worst teams in the league. He played poor against poor teams and he blew it when it matered most.

To make a very complicated issue as simple as possible, "Jake doesn't suck" is a moot point by now. "Who sucks less than Jake" is more important, and the answer is nobody. To take a page from your book, you can't convince me that Rex fuging Grossman or Kyle Boller would be an upgrade over Delhomme. I hold my breath every time I see him heave a prayer off his back foot or dance around in the pocket as I see the right end closing in on him undetected, but it's either watching him heaving bombs into double coverage or Grossman doing the same. The lack of a clear heir at QB could be pinned on the FO, but what we consider "clear" and they consider "clear" is probably different.

you post all the pass by pass bullshi+ you want to. It doesn't matter. I guarantee I have watched them more than you have.

Nothing like a good old fashioned internet pissing match.

So you have now lied twice in producing your latest diatribe of delusion and nonsensical gibberish and concluded with calling me negative.

I laugh at that last part because I obviously look at it different than you. I have been very vocal about what I don't like and have eaten crow when forced too. I have jumped on his bandwagon when all signs tell me not to and gotten burned and made a fool of again. I'm through.

You on the other hand are going to pay $5 a game. Diagram the perceived pros and cons over countless hours and countless "judgement calls" biased by your own lame-a55 opinions. Then start a website and jump on your soap box all in effort to prove why we need to hold on to sucha loser.

NOW who is doing more damage....me or you?

Wow, a stunning modification of the "I"m not negative, I'm just being realistic" argument. Never seen that before.

Actually, it's $5 for a week's access to every NFL game from every team including the playoffs. You can get 6 months for I think $20. It's a great way to kill boredom at work. The website was purely tongue in cheek and it would be a tremendous amount of work for an issue that, honestly, nobody outside of our fanbase gives two shits about anyway. Not to mention the cost of hosting, bandwidth, etc.

What bandwagon is there to jump on, anyway? Hell yes we perceive this team and probably this game in different terms.

I have no clue what the draft crop looks like next year but I don't know why it wouldn't be reasonable to draft one next year.

Just depends on who you think a good QB is or is going to be.

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

Height: 6-4. Weight: 214.

Jevan Snead, Ole Miss

Height: 6-3. Weight: 215.

The Golden Calf of Bristol, Florida

Height: 6-3. Weight: 235.

Colt McCoy, Texas

Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.

Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

Height: 6-5. Weight: 228.

Dan Lefevour, Central Michigan

Height: 6-3. Weight 226

Zac Robinson, Okla State

Height: 6-3. Weight 210

Tony Pike, Cincinnati

Height: 6-6. Weight 225

To name a few, some are underclassmen though, and there are way more depending on who comes out. Next year is a potentially sick QB class.

I would wager a few teams are going to land themselves a franchise QB out of that one.

In 2010 the Panthers really only have Davis and Delhomme as FA, the rest aren't really a key part of the team.

All of our QB's are on that list though, so someone is going to be gone on that front, and I definitely don't see all 3 of them coming back.

That being said, the way our team is now and is looking to be, it would be a perfect time to draft one. The team is solid on most fronts, and we only need depth at a few positions.

Okay, this is getting a bit protracted. I'm done wasting bandwidth in this thread and wish all participants the best luck in their future internet endeavors. Sorry for the long ass page breaker everybody:

So you're bipolar. I take back every bad thing I said about you crying because Jake tossed a couple of picks against Philadelphia in a preseason game. I remember your article getting published, too, it just slipped my mind.

What the hell are you even talking about? You talked about the "overall ineptitude of the FO":

I responded thusly (after I had to explain your old nickname):

Gee, there I am talking about drafts, scouting, and player contracts. Something that the front office is usually heavily involved in, how surprising!

Now, you:

What on earth do you think I was talking about if not the Panthers front office? The weather? How did I backpedal when I (regrettably) attempted to engage in a semi-civil discussion with you by mentioning FO functions first?

To make a very complicated issue as simple as possible, "Jake doesn't suck" is a moot point by now. "Who sucks less than Jake" is more important, and the answer is nobody. To take a page from your book, you can't convince me that Rex fuging Grossman or Kyle Boller would be an upgrade over Delhomme. I hold my breath every time I see him heave a prayer off his back foot or dance around in the pocket as I see the right end closing in on him undetected, but it's either watching him heaving bombs into double coverage or Grossman doing the same. The lack of a clear heir at QB could be pinned on the FO, but what we consider "clear" and they consider "clear" is probably different.

Nothing like a good old fashioned internet pissing match.

Wow, a stunning modification of the "I"m not negative, I'm just being realistic" argument. Never seen that before.

Actually, it's $5 for a week's access to every NFL game from every team including the playoffs. You can get 6 months for I think $20. It's a great way to kill boredom at work. The website was purely tongue in cheek and it would be a tremendous amount of work for an issue that, honestly, nobody outside of our fanbase gives two shits about anyway. Not to mention the cost of hosting, bandwidth, etc.

What bandwagon is there to jump on, anyway? Hell yes we perceive this team and probably this game in different terms.

lots of blah blah blah and backpedaling.

It's OK to admit you are wrong london. I already know you are anyway and it's a helluvalot easier than typing for two days trying to carve out a little area of doubt that you can rest easy in.

you lied....twice call it an oversight if you want..fine I will too

who are you trying to convince anyway?

lots of blah blah blah and backpedaling.

It's OK to admit you are wrong london. I already know you are anyway and it's a helluvalot easier than typing for two days trying to carve out a little area of doubt that you can rest easy in.

you lied....twice call it an oversight if you want..fine I will too

who are you trying to convince anyway?

I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong because I'm not. Your accusations make no sense, and it doesn't matter if I point it out repeatedly because you won't directly address it. This is the most you're going to get out of me, so if you want to be smugly self-satisfied about your internet dominance then have fun with that. See you in August when you're going through box after box of tampons and polluting the forum with stupidity again because a tipped Delhomme pass was intercepted.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you better hurry over to this thread where someone disagreed with you. It's time to do battle:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/9397-read-people-3.html

I'm not going to admit that I'm wrong because I'm not. Your accusations make no sense, and it doesn't matter if I point it out repeatedly because you won't directly address it. This is the most you're going to get out of me, so if you want to be smugly self-satisfied about your internet dominance then have fun with that. See you in August when you're going through box after box of tampons and polluting the forum with stupidity again because a tipped Delhomme pass was intercepted.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, you better hurry over to this thread where someone disagreed with you. It's time to do battle:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/9397-read-people-3.html

there you go again...wasting all that "bandwidth"

bye

OK, I'm convinced...we need to trade all of our draft picks to get Matt Stafford so we can pay him more than Tom Brady, and hope that he can win us some games 3 years down the road.

there is no reason to go to extremes. The OP merely documented that teams have to plan for the future at that position and I thought it made us look silly since we are so poor at the QB spot.

Should we be sold on our QB three-deep right now? I'm definitely not.

Archived