• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would it take?

twylyght

It really should be Cam who needs to prove everything to the coaches that he was worth the number 1 pick in the draft. The coaches didn't ask for Jimmy, and probably would have kept MM if it was Clausens contract that expired. So, what should we expect from Cam to solidify that he was worth the pick? Seeing that this is his chance to be the man in Carolina.

Good lord... you are the worst troll ever TuRD.

The OP presented several scenarios about what he MIGHT do this season:

Another good preseason outing or two?

4-1 TD to interception ratio?

90 or better QB passer rating over half a season's time?

I responded with what it would take from my perspective for him to show he's turning the corner.

Just because you and Mav aren't reading things in the correct context don't assume I can't look up NFL statistics.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimmyclausen/497108/gamelogs?season=2010

Boom Bitch.

Just out of curiosity, I am wondering what it would take for Clausen doubters/haters to give him another chance much less support for being a Panther.

There are so many posters on this board who have gone out of their way in post after post after post after post to talk about just how bad Clausen is, that there's no turning back for them. They'll never admit he's gotten better, and even when he's winning games for another franchise they'll insist he's still hopeless and lacks the skill to be an NFL QB. And that's why no one ever really takes them seriously.

And BTW, TRD may be a troll, but at least he can back his statements up and has honest opinions. Most of you just recycle the same old crap and act like it's original thinking.

There are so many posters on this board who have gone out of their way in post after post after post after post to talk about just how bad Clausen is, that there's no turning back for them. They'll never admit he's gotten better, and even when he's winning games for another franchise they'll insist he's still hopeless and lacks the skill to be an NFL QB. And that's why no one ever really takes them seriously.

And BTW, TRD may be a troll, but at least he can back his statements up and has honest opinions. Most of you just recycle the same old crap and act like it's original thinking.

Back it up with what? TiVO? :lol:

And pardon me if what I say from thread to thread is consistent but comes off sounding "recycled". And WTF does that even mean? "Recycled". Recycled from who? Excuse me because I may share similar opinions to other people? Perhaps there aren't as many dumbasses following the Panthers as the Huddle would make you believe.

Maybe you should take the time to read what people are saying instead of jumping to conclusions based on your own notion of who has the bigger epeen.

BCG, my post was due to the fact it seems as if a decent chunk of posters here didn't even know Clausen had a game that they themselves would define as decent last year, and apologies if you were one of those that did. Personally I don't think QB rating tells you very much... but by that metric at least he had a couple decent games.

Actually Cyberjag, when he's winning games on another team, they'll say it's the system...

Back it up with what? TiVO? :lol:

And pardon me if what I say from thread to thread is consistent but comes off sounding "recycled". And WTF does that even mean? "Recycled". Recycled from who? Excuse me because I may share similar opinions to other people? Perhaps there aren't as many dumbasses following the Panthers as the Huddle would make you believe.

Maybe you should take the time to read what people are saying instead of jumping to conclusions based on your own notion of who has the bigger epeen.

What makes you think I was talking about you? Sensitive much? :D

BCG, my post was due to the fact it seems as if a decent chunk of posters here didn't even know Clausen had a game that they themselves would define as decent last year, and apologies if you were one of those that did. Personally I don't think QB rating tells you very much... but by that metric at least he had a couple decent games.

Actually Cyberjag, when he's winning games on another team, they'll say it's the system...

Mav - I gave Clausen credit for that game in an earlier thread today if you recall (the "what does Cam Starting mean" thread). Even at that the performance was mediocre.

But my larger point, and the same point I said earlier today, is he has showed consistency to not play well. If he can put together another game like that AZ, maybe he has turned the corner. Preseason isn't going to prove that. He had a decent preseason last year too.

Mav - I gave Clausen credit for that game in an earlier thread today if you recall (the "what does Cam Starting mean" thread). Even at that the performance was mediocre.

But my larger point, and the same point I said earlier today, is he has showed consistency to not play well. If he can put together another game like that AZ, maybe he has turned the corner. Preseason isn't going to prove that. He had a decent preseason last year too.

Rating is a tough way to evaluate a QB sometimes, but last year in the preseason he had a whopping 46.8 over the three games in which he saw action. This season he's got a 90 so far. Just saying... :)

Archived