• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is not ready

The Saltman

This is hilarious. Kind of hard to throw INT's when your bouncing the ball at Wr's feet or airmailing it over their heads by 15 yds.

I think everyone is aware of what Newton is, a great prospect, a great athlete needing to learn the pro game, that if he were on a team not so desperate would have the optimum year or two to learn.

That is not the case with the Panthers and we all know it.

This team has never had the 'talent' that a lot of us like to say it does.

The 'talent' has been in decline for a lot of years.

The truth is too, and we all know this, teams are built from the lines out.

Otah's a first round pick who can't stay on the field. The RG position, who knows...the D-Line, not been great in the middle since Jenkins and Buckner.

My point is simply anyone who is surprised that this team would look this ragged with its marginal starters out, with a new coach, new schemes, no OTAs and raw prospect at QB, well, its just hard to believe.

We also have a GM, who early on, liked to give away draft choices.

The tale of the Panthers this year will be the second half of the season, not the first. Expect the worst with games 1-8. Expect moderate improvement 9-16 and expect in the draft the lines will get a lot of attention and FAs will come for WR and CB. There are just way way too many holes to fill in one year.

Accept it. The only alternative is to be misterable if you don't.

Funny thing is..half the people in this thread who are now saying Cam is not ready are the same folks who were SURE he was going to be this awesome guy who was going to drive the team and make highlights week after week.

I get optimism..hell I'm optimistic too...but for all you folks out there who were so quick to deduce that Cam was going to come in here and change the franchise, well...go scoop of a handfull of Cam's poo and smear it all over your teeth~

yeah and god forbid anyone ever suggest that cam and jimmy have serious issues to work on if they want to be in the league 10 years from now

I think everyone is aware of what Newton is, a great prospect, a great athlete needing to learn the pro game, that if he were on a team not so desperate would have the optimum year or two to learn.

That is not the case with the Panthers and we all know it.

This team has never had the 'talent' that a lot of us like to say it does.

The 'talent' has been in decline for a lot of years.

The truth is too, and we all know this, teams are built from the lines out.

Otah's a first round pick who can't stay on the field. The RG position, who knows...the D-Line, not been great in the middle since Jenkins and Buckner.

My point is simply anyone who is surprised that this team would look this ragged with its marginal starters out, with a new coach, new schemes, no OTAs and raw prospect at QB, well, its just hard to believe.

We also have a GM, who early on, liked to give away draft choices.

The tale of the Panthers this year will be the second half of the season, not the first. Expect the worst with games 1-8. Expect moderate improvement 9-16 and expect in the draft the lines will get a lot of attention and FAs will come for WR and CB. There are just way way too many holes to fill in one year.

Accept it. The only alternative is to be misterable if you don't.

Nice, really great assessment. Kudos!

Funny thing is..half the people in this thread who are now saying Cam is not ready are the same folks who were SURE he was going to be this awesome guy who was going to drive the team and make highlights week after week.

I get optimism..hell I'm optimistic too...but for all you folks out there who were so quick to deduce that Cam was going to come in here and change the franchise, well...go scoop of a handfull of Cam's poo and smear it all over your teeth~

Well, there is a difference between realistic expectation and believing a kid who only had 5 weeks of serious training is going to throw lights out. Not even the so called Pro ready QB rookies did that consistantly.

The level of extremes on here is ridiculous. But we know, it's Cam's fault.

Go back and check out all of the top QB rookies for the past five years who started and tell me how far Cam is from them. Tell me how many of them have perfectly set feet and throws perfect everytime. This is why todays QBs don't last in the NFL...Way to much unrealistic expectation for some.

Archived