• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post your reaction when the New Orleans Saints signed Panther legend John Kasay

Saint J

he's a kicker.

again, too big of a deal being made about this guy.

i've got no hard feelings. the dude wanted to work and he got another job. it's just business (which is why he was let go to begin with).

what is he supposed to do? just gracefully walk off unto the sunset grateful for the privilege of being a panther for 15 years or whatever and vow not to work again?

people are taking this way too personally.

it's not a slap in the face of the fans or the organization. quit being babies.

now for saints fans coming in and trying to rub our faces in it....meh. only reason they think it's a big deal is because of the people whining about it in the first place.

still, these trolls should be slapped around. it's a shame the rules allow for them to go around doing that while the huddle cracks down on insults. seems a bit unbalanced and unfair, but whatever. rules getting enforced just opens the door for trolls. not being allowed to launch after them or neg rep them to smack just seems a bit of disservice to the fans that have stuck around here for years. i guess the key is making this place sponsor friendly. you make choices.

now for saints fans coming in and trying to rub our faces in it....meh. only reason they think it's a big deal is because of the people whining about it in the first place.

This. I think Saints fans are indifferent about the whole thing in general, but they didn't realize that John Kasay was the second most beloved panther of all time behind Mills (who was also ironically a Saint).

This. I think Saints fans are indifferent about the whole thing in general, but they didn't realize that John Kasay was the second most beloved panther of all time behind Mills (who was also ironically a Saint).

i'd be surprised if kasay stayed on the team. kind of like when morgan went to the saints. he was done, but still there was this massive overeaction by the fan base who thought that all of a sudden this player would turn into a superstar and make the panthers regret giving them up. the whole "this is going to come back to bite us in the butt" thing. apparently players that are liked by the fanbase are supposed to stay panthers forever and ever amen. if we let them go then someone is going to come along and make us regret it or some BS like that. those players are also suposed to have the same hatred for other teams that we have and if they sign with a rival it is a slap in the face of the fans that supported them or something. forget that these are guys retiring(?) young and who may just want to work anywhere. it's just a job.

Where would Delhomme (also from Louisiana) fall on that list? Just curious if he is regarded in a good light by the Panther fanbase. Towards the end it seemed like most of the fans had turned on him.
he's just another player. his time came and went....just like kasay's. and he stuck around too long...just like kasay and for much of the same reason....loyalty over ability to perform.

Archived