• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Beason situation dire.

mav1234

Don't use words like "dire". People have been out for a season plenty of times.

Feel bad for Beason, but dire is a little strong. Dire makes it sound like he may never play again. If that's the case, then that's huge. Out for the season...hope he can come back strong next year.

so youre telling the head coach what to tell the media? youve obviously gotten too used to J Fox speak - you may need therapy yourself.

Stop with the "maybe the last time we ever see him play" crap.

It is totally premature and damn inaccurate.

If it is a complete rupture, he may not be the same dynamic player he is. But, he will be back and will play at a high level.

No. Will he be back sure, at a high level, no. I remember T Spikes using the best surgeon, best therapy, spending hours in hperberic (sp) chambers blah blah blah, still never got close to what he was.

Look all the pie in the sky crap about him coming back at normal levels is just that. It just isn't going to happen.

As for as the money, no one knows these things. I am sure there are opt out clauses in the contract just as there are for Peyton Manning. I guess they were dumb asses as well? You roll the dice and poo happens. Beast was due that contract, he EARNED that contract and the panthers did the right thing in awarding him the contract. Again, poo happens.

No. Will he be back sure, at a high level, no. I remember T Spikes using the best surgeon, best therapy, spending hours in hperberic (sp) chambers blah blah blah, still never got close to what he was.

And yet he's still playing at a solid level at 500 years of age.

I'm trying to stay optimistic here, but also realistic. I would be shocked for Beason not to return at pretty close to his level of play. I just can't process any other outcome right now.

I hope not, With Beason gone I guess Davis will be the C. I hope this injury wont affect his career, I don't know how many times I have seen players careers pretty much end after a injury like this or the player will end up getting hurt all the time till eventually they will be forced to retire.

He tore his achilles people, quit acting like he was shot in the head. It's very misfortunate that he'll miss the entire 2011 season, but he isn't gone forever. He may never be the same or he may come back stronger than before, only time will tell. I'm positive none of you fools are doctors so let's chill out.

Archived