• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Connor

CanadianCat

I have never been able to spell garaunntee. It's like a chemical imbalance or something. That one word always f*cks me. I normally spell it one of 200 different ways.

That would be restaurant for me. I always get that fuging word wrong.

Anyways, Connor won't resign here. It'd be bad for his career in the long run. He is talented enough to start on a lot of teams(Eagles for one, and he's from Pennsylvania).

personally i always feel we had more balance in our lbs with him in the middle with beason and td/anderson flanking him. He does well what the others do not and that is play downhill against the run.

Beason is the unquestioned leader of the defence, but as a mlb he is over rated on this board.

blasphemy!!!

Personally I always feel we had more balance in our LBs with him in the middle with Beason and TD/Anderson flanking him. He does well what the others do not and that is play downhill against the run.

Beason is the unquestioned leader of the defence, but as a MLB he is over rated on this board.

evidently by scouts and football analysts as well lol. it may be true that we are better w/connor in the middle and beason at olb, but that is b/c of beason's versatility far more than it is a result of connor's ability at mlb. he is not as good against the run as beason is, and i think this will become obv unfortunately.

actually, i take it back. it's possible that he is held high in esteem by scouts/analysts and still overrated on the board and he probably is this being a panthers' board lol. that said, the implication that connor is on his level, even just downhill against the run, is rather specious. i agree that beason can get lost in the north south running game-- to the extent that he is not big enough to take lineman solo consistently (few 4-3 mlb's are)-- but that is even more true of connor. you've spoken of his downhill run coverage like he is a hulking linebacker, when, as far as i can tell, he is smaller than and not as strong/athletic. really hope this doesn't come across as me hating on connor. he is a great guy to have step in and could start for a # of teams, and i hope i am proven sorely wrong and he shows himself to be better against the run than beason b/c we will need something to balance the loss of beason's coverage presence. i would have agreed w/you had you said something like "connor is pretty good against the run, we'll miss beason more in pass coverage" b/c connor is much closer to beason against the run than in coverage. however, i don't think connor is better than beason at anything

edit: i mean there's prob some singular aspect of playing lb that connor is better at, but you get the idea

idk the official grammatical rule that distinguishes the two but here is how i separate them:

then usually denotes stuff dealing with time, sequence, order etc

-- cam newton scored his first td, then he played air guitar, then he got a penalty :p

-- if cam newton wins rookie of the year, then i will be very happy

than compares things

-- i like the panthers more than the falcons

-- i hate the falcons more than almost any other team

-- it's easier to kick footballs in denver than in pittsburgh

so then-- temporal, sequential

than-- comparative

Archived