• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Look at it this way. The three toughest tests for Newton are now behind him.

PantherFanForLife

1. His first regular season NFL debut game.

2. Playing against the Defending Super Bowl Champions coming OFF A LOSS, and first loss in years.

3. Throwing 3 interceptions in one game, and not crumbling(He looked fine the last 2 drives).

These would have been the biggest tests to overcome at the beginning of the season, not just for Cam, but any QB. Agree?

PS: And not just Newton, but this Panthers team as a whole too. Keep in mind we were also playing without our star O man and star D man. On a day where Smith drops 3 passes and fumbles, our QB throws 3 pics, we fumble 4 times, starting a rookie on the offensive line, with a completely shut down running game.... we only got beat by 1 TD by the defending Superbowl Champions? Which is a bit misleading because I feel we gave away the game. I feel really good about the rest of the season.

1. His first regular season NFL debut game.

2. Playing against the Defending Super Bowl Champions coming OFF A LOSS, and first loss in years.

3. Throwing 3 interceptions in one game, and not crumbling(He looked fine the last 2 drives).

These would have been the biggest tests to overcome at the beginning of the season, not just for Cam, but any QB. Agree?

PS: And not just Newton, but this Panthers team as a whole too. Keep in mind we were also playing without our star O man and star D man. On a day where Smith drops 3 passes and fumbles, our QB throws 3 pics, we fumble 4 times, starting a rookie on the offensive line, with a completely shut down running game.... we only got beat by 1 TD by the defending Superbowl Champions? Which is a bit misleading because I feel we gave away the game. I feel really good about the rest of the season.

Let me put this into perspective...Cam had three interceptions and still the Panthers had a chance to win a game against the Superbowl Champs...

If i recall this board started early with the "how much GB packer were going to stump the Panthers...3 int and only lost by a touchdown that could have easily come from one of the TDs that were overturned by silly called Refs penalties...

U guys went 2-14 last year and u are slowly coming back. Minimize some of the mistake and turn some of those silly calls around and u could very well have been matching last years season just in two games.

The wins will come...If u don't believe they will come then no one else will.

The way Newton carries himself is unreal, if he can keep this up we will win games starting this year. We have a bright future assuming we continue to draft well and the defense gets better up the middle.

We are generating pressure, which is a good sign, and often the coverage isn't bad. The defense still seems to be susceptible to the big play though, have to crack down on that.

Has hasn't pat his head and rub his belly in front of the camera yet either...Shesh when will the ridiculous rookie test stop?

Did u folks have this level of paranoia with Jimmy Clausen last season..Why does Cam have to be perfect before he's accepted as good enough.

Dude you have issues.

He was just saying that's a test. Just A test.

Dude you have issues.

He was just saying that's a test. Just A test.

Well I didn't say he doesn't have more tests, but pre-season, these had to have been the 3 biggest tests for him: how he performed in his rookie debut, how he would perform against the Superbowl champs in the 2nd game of the season, and how he would handle 3 interceptions mentally.

Again, I said toughest tests. I think those were the toughest tests he needed to pass. And they are behind him now.

There are plenty of tests still ahead of him. I wouldn't like to believe he's had his greatest challenges only two games into the season. I want to see how he responds after a poor game (which I believe 3 interceptions equates too). The Packers gave Newton problems. I imagine the Jaguars will try to imitate their success.

And that not only applies to Newton but our coaching staff, offensive line an receivers as well. I believe the team is made of more than one player .

Archived