• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and Cutler some thoughts

BlindSite

You know, it's mentioned so much in conjunction with each other, the words "Delhomme" and "intangibles" are pretty much synonymous, but I've never seen anybody prove that they know exactly what "intangibles" are.

I hear where you're coming from but in this thread I've only heard the word "intangibles" mentioned about Cutler (by Blindsite).

The intangibles of either is the success of their respective teams. The tangibles are easy, they're called stats. Cutler wins. But when you add teammates, coaching, schedules, et al into the mix you get the "in".

Would Cutler perform better with the Panthers than Jake? Would Jake have taken the Bronco's to the playoffs? It's all Madden as far as I'm concerned, but as a Panther fan I'm happy to be on the Delhomme side of the argument for now.

If were to pose a poll on which QB your team would rather have on NFL.COM cutler or delhomme....who do you think would win?

hmmm....

:confused:

They would probably picked Cutler.

Also would have probably have picked:

Reggie Bush over Mario Williams. Or Drew Henson was far better than Tom Brady. Or too many other stuff to mention.. Fans know everything :rofl:

Imminense is over stated

To put it simply, anyone who would rather have Delhomme than Jay Cutler is insane. Sure Jake is probably right now a better leader in the huddle than Jay Cutler, and yes, as pointed out by the Charlotte Observer Cutler has made some ill advised comments in the Denver Media. However, he has played incredibly well considering when he arrived in Denver the core of running backs and offensive linemen, not to mention defense simply disintegrated around him.

In all three of his seasons, including his rookie year he has had a better passer rating than Delhomme has in his past two full seasons.

Cutler is one of the top young talents at the quarterback position and as good as Delhomme has been for the Panthers in the past he simply isn't as a good a quarterback and is never going to be as good as quarterback as Cutler already is and if he is available the Panthers should be making enquiries.

If the Panthers want to win a super bowl and are legitimately committed to doing so they have an obligation to search every avenue available, and the best avenue to reach that goal is in a navy and orange number 6.

WRONG! Jay Cutler is the current version of Jeff George...boatload of talent and no leadership qualities. He is a self-centered whiny ass and hopefully the Panthers will want nothing to do with him. (PS...betcha I'm right)

In the last three games last year when they were playing for a playoff spot Cutler had 2 td's and 4 picks with a little over 800 yards with 64 - 65 % comp and a rating of 72.

In our last three games last season while we were playing for the playoff's and home field advantage. Delhomme had 2 td's and 1 int with 688 yards with 64 % comp and a rating over 100.

For the season their rating is only separated by 1.3 points, while completion percentage was only 3 percent difference and that was with Delhomme coming off TJ surgery.

I'm not saying Jake Delhomme is a better QB then Cutler, I'm saying that Jake Delhomme is a better QB for Carolina. We don't ask for Jake to throw 30 times a game, so we don't need that. We run the ball, then run some more and then throw in a few passing plays.

WRONG! Jay Cutler is the current version of Jeff George...boatload of talent and no leadership qualities. He is a self-centered whiny ass and hopefully the Panthers will want nothing to do with him. (PS...betcha I'm right)

Boom.. Thats it. Jay Cutler gives me the Jeff George vibe. Thank you.:D

Jay Cutler is the 2009 Jeff George.

COME HERE MARQUAND MANUEL AND MARLON MCREE! ITS ME YOUR QUARTERBACK!

Now I know we're never on the field at the same time, and I'll hardly ever have a chance to speak to you, and almost no QB in the league would have the balls to tell his safeties how to do their job, and I know that neither of you should be starting, but YOU HAVE GOT TO STEP UP! I AM A LEADER! I AM THE QB! YOU MUST PLAY HARDER! STRONG SIDE WEAK SIDE! OOOOORRRAH!

In the last three games last year when they were playing for a playoff spot Cutler had 2 td's and 4 picks with a little over 800 yards with 64 - 65 % comp and a rating of 72.

In our last three games last season while we were playing for the playoff's and home field advantage. Delhomme had 2 td's and 1 int with 688 yards with 64 % comp and a rating over 100.

For the season their rating is only separated by 1.3 points, while completion percentage was only 3 percent difference and that was with Delhomme coming off TJ surgery.

I'm not saying Jake Delhomme is a better QB then Cutler, I'm saying that Jake Delhomme is a better QB for Carolina. We don't ask for Jake to throw 30 times a game, so we don't need that. We run the ball, then run some more and then throw in a few passing plays.

WHO CARES WHAT HIS SEASON STATS ARE LOOK AT THESE THREE SPECIFIC GAMES THAT PROVE MY POINT HA HA HA HA HA

THERE IS NO WAY CUTLER COULD THRIVE IN CAROLINA WITH OUR SUPERIOR WRs, OFFENSIVE LINE AND RUNNING BACKS NONE AT ALL

:confused:

They would probably picked Cutler.

Also would have probably have picked:

Reggie Bush over Mario Williams. Or Drew Henson was far better than Tom Brady. Or too many other stuff to mention.. Fans know everything :rofl:

good answer.

Archived