• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers won't be traded at a discount

rayzor

I wouldn't let him go for just one second, but a pair of seconds (especially if one is the 34th pick) would be great. Now I realize a lot of people want firsts but second rounders are still very valuable to GM's because they get much smaller contracts and yet there is still a great deal of talent to be found in the second.

agreed that there is still a great deal of talent to be found in the 2nd but we don't really have a history of finding that talent in the 2nd round.

1st round we do well....2nd, not so much.

Well that's good, at least they are talking big, hope they back it up.

We don't need to be made out to be pussies/fools.

At the same time it's both a good and bad thing, because that cap hit is strangling us right now. Next year won't be as big a deal (for obvious reasons) and trading him next year with no cap may even be easier.

It's just about squeezing our draft picks under what money we do have left(or would create), if we keep him.(and possibly signing 1 or 2 FA's)

Screw this! I'm so tired of Peppers' bullsh*t. He needs to get his butt on a different team because if he is on the Panthers getting $17 million that is an outrage. The dude will probably have another 2 sack season! Thus destroying his trade value. The only person who would ever we worth that much money is a QB that has won us a superbowl or a star player that is a LEADER on this team and is a hard worker.

I agree with Kurb is basically what I am saying. I don't want him here.

Well that's good, at least they are talking big, hope they back it up.

We don't need to be made out to be pussies/fools.

At the same time it's both a good and bad thing, because that cap hit is strangling us right now. Next year won't be as big a deal (for obvious reasons) and trading him next year with no cap may even be easier.

It's just about squeezing our draft picks under what money we do have left(or would create), if we keep him.(and possibly signing 1 or 2 FA's)

that's looking at the bigger picture.

if pep stays and with a minor amount of tweaking via draft and FA (which, if done wisely, could be done inexpensively) the team we have now would be incredibly competitive next year. While it probably won't be a 12-4 team because of the tougher schedule, we will still have a real shot at the play-offs.

if we can get more from a pep trade in 2010, it would be worth it.

I just think his "4" teams would expand, if someone tosses 120+mil at him.

(such as something the skins could be dumb enough to do)(or even the cowboys at that time).

Some team may be dumb enough to blow the money and picks for him next year, especially if he posts 12+sacks again.(IMO if he is traded this year his contract will be less than haynesworth)

I don't know why some of you would settle for two 2nd round picks when you can see what Detroit got from Dallas for Roy Williams.

Well to most people that 34th pick is a 2nd rounder in name only, first round talent is obviously there 2 picks after it ends........

all i keep hearing through out all the peppers threads is how he isn't worth what the franchise tag pays. i can deal with peppers staying, furthermore i hope he stays because if you think we didn't get pressure with the front four last year, what ya think it's gonna look like without him? i'll take a julius peppers at 50% vs. a rookie with no experience anyday. if anything, i'm more pissed about how much ole jake is gonna count towards the cap if he doesn't restructure than what jp is owed. julius is a top 3 de and should be payed for it, is jake worth what he's due to make this year?

They won't settle for any thing less than at least one of their firsts, and more.

And they shouldn't settle just to get rid of him. :lol:

Agreed.

When I first heard the Pats were interested in Peppers, I figured they made that trade they did with Cassel so they could send us their first and that 34th and get Peppers.(since that is VERY close to two first round picks as per trading for a franchise player)

So the Pats could send damn near two first round picks, and still have 2 second and 2 third rounders in the draft themselves.

Thats a pretty good stance IMO.

Archived