• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1: Lightning @ Canes

Liminy

This Friday, October 7th, the TB Lightning will come into the RBC center to begin the NHL regular season against the Carolina Hurricanes. After a disappointing preseason in which the Canes came away with only 1 win (against Winnipeg) The Hurricanes need to come out with a chip on their shoulder to show everyone that they are better than that, and that they haven't forgotten about missing the playoffs last year. I am so ready for the regular season to start and can't wait to watch the Canes in action. Game time is at 7ET.

Canes win 4-3.

I'd like to have seen Murphy break the roster, but I guess that was wanting too much. Guess he has all season to do so. I'm not sure on the current lines, I think they will be shifted around quite a bit the first few months...

Actually looked again, its changed since the other day.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/depthchart.htm?dcid=12

Should be interesting, looks like Murphy did make the roster, just not on a line currently. (Though that may be the standard 9 days to decide rule or whatever it is)

Kinda wish Kaberle and Pitkanen were swapped. I'd love to see Gleason and Kaberle on a line.

And I honestly like the offensive lines, Stewart adds some size to the Skinner/Ruutu line. I'm not certain how Dalpe made the top line, but I can't wait to see whatever it is they see in him.

Archived