• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dan marino worried about single season record falling...

rayzor

2002 going from 1-15 to 7-9, 2003, 2004, and 2005 were damn exciting seasons to watch for me

Nothing but winning the SB will ever top 2003 or even 96 IMO

2003 was an incredible season. I've never seen a season of football that was more exciting than that year. The 2011 Lions season is shaping up to be just as good for their fans.

I believe defenses will catch up and numbers will at least ease back as the season progresses.
meh....i don't know about that. if newton and the offense had all of the playbook installed and newton peaked in his development...maybe. that isn't the case, tho.

Don't want to get poetic about it, but it's sort of sad that running the ball seems to be phasing out.

Then again, "girls love the long ball" baseball circa 1997

it's cyclical. it will come back eventually. attention to the passing game will open up things that can be exploited by running the ball and then we'll see a lot more of that. things will go back and forth as the game continues to evolve.

Here's some records Cam has a legitimate shot of breaking this season...

Most passing attempts in a rookie season Sam Bradford 590 (Cam 163 thru 4 games)

Most passing completions in a rookie season Sam Bradford 354 (Cam 97 thru 4 games)

Most passing yards in a rookie season Peyton Manning 3,379 (Cam 1,386 thru 4 games)

Most rushing yards for a rookie QB Vince Young 552 (Cam 133 thru 4 games)

Most rushing TDs for a rookie QB Vince Young 7 (Cam has 4 thru 4 games)

Carolina Panthers single season passing record Steve Beuerlein 4,436 (Cam 1,386 thru 4 games)

Carolina Panthers single season completions record Steve Beuerlein 343 (Cam 97 thru 4 games)

Simply put, Cameron is a BEAST and a special player that has legitimate opportunities to continue to put his name in the record books.

I'd really like to know how attempts can even be considered a record. You run the play that's called. If Cam averages 40 attempts a game I'd hope he'd break most of the Panther and rookie passing records related to shear volume. He's on pace for around 650 attempts. 80 more than Beurlein and 60 more than Bradford. He's been impressive in between the 20s finding the open guy and the blown coverages (has Smith ever been left this wide open this many times in a season let alone 4 games?).

Archived