• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seeing Steve beat the crap out of Roman Harper was awesome.

Cat'sGrowl

That wasn't even Harper that everyone ganged up on. It was safety, Malcom Jenkins.. One of the smallest guys on that side of the ball.

And, while I agree that the late hit by Harper was wrong, Smith had no business doing what he did to Jenkins. Hitting someone as they've just crossed the goal line (and celebrating before he even got there), is questionable. Grabbin someone by the face mask, and trying to break their neck is on a whole 'nother level.

Harper should have been penalized, as he was, and a fine issued (which probably will happen). Smith should have been ejected from the game for what he did. Remember, folks, this is just a game.. Do you really think that Smith would have felt great about what he did, had he broken Jenkins' neck with that stunt? I doubt it..

With all of the stupid/childish comments going on here between BOTH sides, I hope that some folks can see it for what it is. I'm a Saints fan, and I think that Carolina WILL be a dangerous team in the coming years. So, I respect what's going on over there. But, I was disappointed with the conduct of both teams today, and how the refs handled things.

Travis

This ^ is retarded...How are you gonna come on this forum and try to say that you're team was anywhere close to being in the "right" here? Don't have dumba$$ players who hit ppl in the endzone after they've already scored 6 and you won't get man handled :hand:

P.S. - GTFOH if you a saints fan anyway and enjoy it while you can..it's not lasting much longer

Both teams were in the wrong. That being said I loved what Harper did because it woke up our team. Yeah Jenkins got owned after coming to break up the fight AND GETTING PUSHED INTO STEVE SMITH, but the skirmish still benefitted us in the end. We blocked the extra point on the very next play. Why is no one talking about that?

I think the fight was great for the rivalry and I look forward to you guys replacing Atlanta in this two horse race. It's over and done with. We should all take a lesson from Cam and put it behind us

RE: Thoughts on altercation after TD pass with Smith

"I was excited about Smitty (Steve Smith, WR) scoring. Both teams have passionate players. I don’t think Roman Harper is a dirty player, by no means. From watching him on film before this game, he is an excellent player. That was out of his character. He hit Smitty and everybody was just consoling Smitty to see if he was ok. That’s just the nature of the game."

That's all class. Talk as much as you want during the game but after the game set a good example. I'm changing my name for that.

Haha I like this thread. We lost the game but hey at least our guy drug around one of their guys a little bit. On top of that its one of the biggest thugs in the NFL. I wonder how long it will be until him and Cam get into it and he punches him.

This isn't UFC people. You still lost the game. And Steve Smith is still a piece of ****.

Fug you stupid aint fans. As soon as Bree's gets injured you will be right back in the toilet hole, which is interestingly enough what your city should be named

And you will be watching us in January...while Scam is rehabbing from Smith beating his ass...lol:shocked:

Haha I like this thread. We lost the game but hey at least our guy drug around one of their guys a little bit. On top of that its one of the biggest thugs in the NFL. I wonder how long it will be until him and Cam get into it and he punches him.

This isn't UFC people. You still lost the game. And Steve Smith is still a piece of ****.

Brees and your Saints barely built a rookie QB in this 5th start on team rebuilding w/ new schemes on both sides of the ball.

One fanbase should feel good about the direction of their team...the other....not so much.

lol. Smitty has made the Saint's his personal drum over the years. As was said in the OP, we all know the Saints are coached to be dirty-they wrote a check they couldn't back up yesterday.

Bullies at school. Big and tough until you hit them back. Smitty giving a well deserved beating to a dirty piece of scum like Jenkins will ALWAYS be one of my favorite moments in Panther history. A W/L will mean nothing come season's end. Smith emasculating that punk will live on forever in my mind. It was awesome-and lol at Harper for taking a cheap shot then running like a girl from a fight he knew he couldn't win.

lol. Smitty has made the Saint's his personal drum over the years. As was said in the OP, we all know the Saints are coached to be dirty-they wrote a check they couldn't back up yesterday.

Bullies at school. Big and tough until you hit them back. Smitty giving a well deserved beating to a dirty piece of scum like Jenkins will ALWAYS be one of my favorite moments in Panther history. A W/L will mean nothing come season's end. Smith emasculating that punk will live on forever in my mind. It was awesome-and lol at Harper for taking a cheap shot then running like a girl from a fight he knew he couldn't win.

Dont forget ...WE WON...lol

Archived