• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This year's draft

ckad79

What's the deal with picks? I understand if we get into the playoffs, Denver gets our first? If we don't; we keep it. BUT I'm also seeing that we have a 2nd round pick from New Orleans for the Melvin Eli trade and another

2nd rounder from Oklahoma City for the Kyle Weaver trade. So, this draft alone we have 3 2nd round picks? Plus, next year, I believe we got an extra

2nd from Pheonix for the Richardson trade....

With 3 2nd round picks, do you think Charlotte could trade up for a first? I'm not too excited about this year's draft class, but the 2nd round seems even more pathetic.

I don't know how valuable a 2nd round pick is in the NBA. Maybe we could offer to 2nd's to someone who doesn't really need much starting help for a first but honestly. I don't think that WE need a starter. I think we should keep our 2nd's and get solid back up players that fit roles that we need.

Moving Nazr's contract will take a lot more bait than just attaching 3 2nd round picks as part of the package.

We could make the playoffs as a #8 or #7 seed which would give us the 15th or 16th picks in the draft. This draft is weeeeeaaaaak (not my words, but many scouts). I wonder if we could go ahead and give our pick to Denver in that case even though it is protected.

IMO we need to do whatever we need to do to keep Felton.

Secondly, we need to get rid of Nazr's contract big time.

I seriously think that if we keep our group of players, and keep Felton, we'll make the playoffs for sure next year, especially after an off-season with them all together. Alexis should be able to contribute in the future too.

I understand that the first is more than lottery protected this year, meaning that we will definitely have a first round pick this year. (This is rumor, I can't confirm it).

We could move a first rounder and Nazr to some team for basically nothing. That might be the best thing to do.

Looking at this team, they need a backup SG but have good depth everywhere else. I am not so sure that a first round pick is going to see action next year.

Archived