• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Negged to Smack?

The Other Colbert

No.

It was often abused and there was little hope for anyone who wasn't a Panthers fan to be able to post in the main forum for more than a day. A little bit of friendly verbal sparing ended up with folks relegated to a place where every post quickly descended into 3rd grade name calling.

Once someone was neg repped to smack there was no way to get back to the main forum and "reform" themselves.

It was some of the worst mob mentality and group think ever demonstrated on these forums.

meh....it wasn't abused.

I agree with the sentiment but Inmicus is right... people were even getting negged IN smack, which is NOT cool.

Best option is for the mods to be able to relegate posters to smack for continuous trolling/bad posts.

But with guys like TRD who went from a good poster to a sh*tty troll whose only goal was to piss people off, the mods did nothing until Zod decided he had enough and banned him. Then I don't know what happened but he didn't come back.

But, the amount of arguments and stupid threads he made for the sheer enjoyment of causing virtual riots went unchecked for months and it was clear he was doing it just to get a rise out of people.

That is a serious problem, and TRD wasn't the only one doing it, he was the only one willing to go to the furthest extremes... The huddle has been much more peaceful and intelligent since he's been gone... that is until the rash of Saints trolls infected the board with their presence after Sunday.

Some of us (a minority, i admit) are actually adults who want to read and discuss Panthers football, not read 10 pages of pissing contests between barely literate people posting "funny" pictures. If it's not neg repping to smack, it still needs to be something, because this is turning into an absolutely terrible place to come.

I don't disagree with you in as much as there needs to be better policing of the main forum. I just don't think leaving it to the mob is the best way to handle it.

Thing is though Inimicus, I don't ever remember anyone from that "neg to smack" era ever being WRONGLY forced into the smack forum. Odds are, if they came in with the goal of being a dumbass, they got treated like one.

If someone came here looking to discuss football and any other issues pertinent to our team intelligently and as an adult, they didn't get sentenced to smack. If you have something substantive to offer, people will engage you seriously.

Maybe if it was weighted depending on amount of negative reps? Maybe that would limit your concerns of groupthink and mob mentality taking over?

Archived