• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your feelings on a potential three way

Brokenbad

Sorry, but I disagree. Yeah, Clausen might still have potential but this trade is horrible for Denver. Also, why would 0-5 Miami trade for Orton now when they have absolutely no playoff chance (4 games behind), and Orton likely wouldn't be around into next year, because his contract is up and who knows what a new coaching staff would want. Especially since the Dolphins wouldn't give up a 3rd rounder for Orton earlier...so, trading Orton and Lloyd for a 4th rounder and Jimmy Clausen is what the Broncos would be looking at.

Their QB depth chart would be: The Golden Calf of Bristol, Quinn, Clausen (yes, Jimmy would be 3rd). And in the process they give up their best WR. Who are these bum QBs suppose to throw to? Without a decent target to throw to, how would they "develop" Jimmy or The Golden Calf of Bristol? It makes zero sense and NFL.com should be embarrassed to even pretend this trade could happen.

They might not view Clausen as a bum QB. I don't think Gil Brandt is speculating or creating a trade rumor because he said trades that should happen even though they probably won't. I can see why it could be plausible in our case and Denver's case. In Denver's case, Orton isn't the answer because he just got demoted. Lloyd is 30 and not going to resign or they might not want to resign him because of his age. Denver could view it entirely as a 4th rounder for Jimmy Clausen which wouldn't be that bad of a deal for them. I'm just trying to view the deal from the perspective of a GM. Elway could view this trade as a 4th Rounder and a 30 year old WR for a 22 year old QB with potential. That is not a bad deal in the eyes of a GM I think. If Clausen pans out and becomes a starting QB, Elway would win that trade because he will get the most value out of it in all likelihood. Clausen could be 3rd on the depth chart but that chart could be very fluid. There isn't much separating those three QB's. I thinks GM's factor in the age of a player when they make trades and because Clausen is the youngest of all the players in that trade, you could say he is the prized possession of them all even though he isn't from our perspective at this time. Your right though, It probably will not happen.

there is some valid arguments why this could/should and wouldnt/wont work out. but just for the pure fun of it all...

*denver fans will riot if they get jimmy, they want one of our RBs.

*lloyd is 30 and wont stay with them next year.

*quinns contract wont be renewed either

*we are not going to give up a dwill or jstew in that deal

lets make everyone happy...they want a rb? lets give them goodson and clausen and they can even keep the pick to rebuild.

if they take on claussen, him and timmy will be the only qbs there next year and fox can keep the media and fans off his back because he has a good reason to start timmy if the only other qb is jimmy.

id be suprised if someone didnt offer a better deal than that assuming it was a possibility. if denver ends up getting shy about trading lloyd in this deal, id be just as happy for Decker.

Archived