• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Delhomme here to stay

Mr. Scot

If anything, that should show you how terrible this FO is at getting QB's.

It's not the fans fault they loaded the team up with scrubs.

Jake being the best out of that group is like winning the special Olympics, how can you be proud of that?

well you can be proud. c'mon now Special Olympics should be off limits

but you are dead on with your point. the excuses that work for Jake did not work for any of those guys though...for some reason.

and they say they aren't snugglers

I am not sure if you mean that they need to change the offense or not because this offense is, of course, not currently a dink and dunk offense. If you mean you want him to check down more often, I would agree. The RBs need to be more involved in the passing game.

I do mean check down of course. I do not want to change the offense. I want him to be reliable enough to make the passes of a dink and dunk guy though and not think the only play in the air has to be 25 yards down the field or a 1 yard pass to the flat. At some point the guy needs to use the middle of the field and learn how to throw a 10 yard out.

He is ether limited physically or mentally or both but he is definitely limited and that makes the Panthers LIMITED as well. It won't take too much more skill to get a better QB. All we need is one that can read a defense and make the easy play in the air. We don't need a superman with our run first mentality but that is the role Jake assumes too often for my taste, mainly because he just is not Superman by any stretch of the imagination.

Jake's problems that I hate have nothing to do with his arm, or strength, it's HORRIBLE mental decisions.

Jake drops back, looks at Smith, he's not open, waits, looks at Smith, he's not open, waits more, looks at Smith, Smith now has 2 people on him cause Jake's been lazor eye beaming him since the snap, what does he do? He throws the ball into double/triple coverage while Moose or a RB is open for a 5-10 yard pass. That's Jake in a nutshell. We used to let a lot slide cause he would have good comebacks but now the magic has fizzled from him, the league knows him, and he's not a threat to anyone. His mental decisions are probably not going to change.

I do mean check down of course. I do not want to change the offense. I want him to be reliable enough to make the passes of a dink and dunk guy though and not think the only play in the air has to be 25 yards down the field or a 1 yard pass to the flat. At some point the guy needs to use the middle of the field and learn how to throw a 10 yard out.

He is ether limited physically or mentally or both but he is definitely limited and that makes the Panthers LIMITED as well. It won't take too much more skill to get a better QB. All we need is one that can read a defense and make the easy play in the air. We don't need a superman with our run first mentality but that is the role Jake assumes too often for my taste, mainly because he just is not Superman by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree with everything you just posted. The one thing you leave out though is his leadership abilities. David Carr arguably had all the talents you are looking for but failed. It really does take more than the skills to be a starting QB in the NFL.

I agree with everything you just posted. The one thing you leave out though is his leadership abilities. David Carr arguably had all the talents you are looking for but failed. It really does take more than the skills to be a starting QB in the NFL.

He may play the role of a leader but a leader he is not IMO. Carr just sucked here and may have never been good. He also upset the apple cart in Charlotte which didn't help him at all.

IMO you cannot be a leader if you cannot make the SMART play. Jake has proven over and over that he has a hard time making the SMART play. He is a hack under the guise of a gunslinger rescued by the freakish talents of one of the best receivers of our generation.

Damn, how did Moose get all of those catches if Jake never looked at anybody besides Steve Smith?

don't take everything so literal. People are saying that Jake is fairly partial to zeroed in on one WR in most cases and has never shown a proficiency for checking down from coverage when his guy is concerned.

Yup,

Carr sucks, Weinke sucks, and Jake sucks.

See the trend?

They are horrible with QB's, showing all the 'other' bad QB's doesn't really help the argument for pro Jake. It just shows how low the bar really is.

"BUT BUT BUT Jake is the best average QB we have ever had."

maybe if matt continues along said path for ..I dunno, 4 years or so then yeah..I probably would.

You'd also have to have hated Brady's performance in 2007. Percentage shows he pretty much locked onto Randy Moss all the time.

Guy must suck, huh?

One name has gone pretty much unmentioned in the thread to this point, but it's definitely one that should be in the discussion.

Rip Scherer.

I'm a longtime critic of Mike McCoy. This season, I'll be extremely interested to watch how all the QBs on the roster look under Scherer's tutelage.

Archived