• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questionable: Bruised Ego

Mr. Scot

I think you also left out another possiblity. Peppers might also see the snub of other teams and end up signing long term with the Panthers. Like you said, conventional wisdom says he's burned bridges but you can't use conventional wisdom with Peppers. He could wake up tomorrow morning and decide he wants to be a Panther for life. With his personality anything is possible.

Definitely possible. And if it included his deciding to "turn it up" effortwise, I'd be all for it.

At this point though, I'm probably dreaming :(

Definitely possible. And if it included his deciding to "turn it up" effortwise, I'd be all for it.

Hell, most people thought Ricky Williams would just come back to the Dolphines and sit the bench but he didn't. He actually played better than most people expected him to. With personalities like these guys you just never now what is going on in their heads.

Hey, maybe not. It's got about the same chance of a dual threat te coming to carolina this season. Peppers would probably turn it up effort wise if we switched to a 3 - 4 defense......:rolleyes:

:rofl: at the people who will just read the 3-4 part and not see this as a joke.

Hey, maybe not. It's got about the same chance of a dual threat te coming to carolina this season. Peppers would probably turn it up effort wise if we switched to a 3 - 4 defense......:rolleyes:

:rofl: at the people who will just read the 3-4 part and not see this as a joke.

If we get a dual threat TE and get Peppers back in top form, I'll shave my head.

What worries me is that if Peppers happens to sign a new contract with the Panthers he starts sulking because he feels that he has been wronged. He could get it in his mind that the Panthers did something to keep other teams from trying to sign him and reverts back to the Pep '07 season. I think it would be in the Panthers best intrest to do whatever they can to help get Peppers to another team.

Peppers said he didn't want to hurt the Panthers, he wants to do whats best for the team and him too. Well what he is doing right now is hurting the team. He has their hands tied. They can't trade him because he has not signed his tender, they can't sign free agents because of the money tied up by his deal. They cannot draft top quality players because they do not have early picks which they could get by trading him. The longer this takes to play out the more it is hurting the team. Its not hurting Pep because he is going to get paid by somebody no matter what happens. I'm ready for something to happen!

Archived