• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney on WFNZ right now

Jbro

Folks, Clausen was put into a bad situation. Yes, he sucked. We get it. You are so smart for pointing that out every day for the past year. However, when you say it in the future, add an asterisk denoting all of the things your shallow mind failed to consider:

*Rookie/Lame duck head coach/Jeff Davidson was his OC/3 reserves starting on OL/2 Rookie WRs/crap at TE/Injuries in the backfield, 3rd and 4th string RBs were bad blockers/Fox hated the Clausen pick because Marty was not drafting Fox players, so he was set up to fail in every aspect of the game/He was a second round draft pick.

I suppose simple minds have to convert all of this to: "Jimmy sucks". Easier than saying, "I had unrealistic expectations for a second round rookie QB expected to carry an injury-plagued team with no protection or support from his already fired coach."

I personally think he would have been decent and might have a career as a top backup if he wasn't ruined.

Folks, Clausen was put into a bad situation. Yes, he sucked. We get it. You are so smart for pointing that out every day for the past year. However, when you say it in the future, add an asterisk denoting all of the things your shallow mind failed to consider:

*Rookie/Lame duck head coach/Jeff Davidson was his OC/3 reserves starting on OL/2 Rookie WRs/crap at TE/Injuries in the backfield, 3rd and 4th string RBs were bad blockers/Fox hated the Clausen pick because Marty was not drafting Fox players, so he was set up to fail in every aspect of the game/He was a second round draft pick.

I suppose simple minds have to convert all of this to: "Jimmy sucks". Easier than saying, "I had unrealistic expectations for a second round rookie QB expected to carry an injury-plagued team with no protection or support from his already fired coach."

I personally think he would have been decent and might have a career as a top backup if he wasn't ruined.

it sounds like you like fairy tales.. if you still believe in Clausen then you probably still believe in the tooth fairy too

rep

When you look at Alex Smith's turd of a first year (which was far worse than Clausens imo) to what he's become, it makes Clausen actually valuable. I don't mind keeping him and hate that people give him sh*t. Yeah, he was a ND douchebag but I think he's become a likeable teammate and could become a partially-decent backup a la Rob Johnson/Kelly Holocomb

Hurney always does this interviews and I love them becasue I find out a lot. Hurney is not a stupid man. He isn't the best GM but he is faaaaar from the worst.

What you're saying is...he's middle of the road...mediocre...middle of the pack...which has been my point for years.

We've had mediocre results. In large part because our GM is only so good.

rep

When you look at Alex Smith's turd of a first year (which was far worse than Clausens imo) to what he's become, it makes Clausen actually valuable. I don't mind keeping him and hate that people give him sh*t. Yeah, he was a ND douchebag but I think he's become a likeable teammate and could become a partially-decent backup a la Rob Johnson/Kelly Holocomb

Yes. Elway was worse his first year and he had a better situation. But these guys feel good about themselves by ganging up on a Panther. They know what it takes to be the best, and prove it every day bagging groceries at Food Lion.

I don't care if Clausen sticks around as a backup. He wasn't in a good situation last year but didn't do anything to make it better, either. If he improves, great. If not, well, won't be the first time a young QB didn't make it.

Agreed. I said he sucked. But every time his name comes up some football scholar and Panther historian thinks it is hus job to show his supreme pigskin acumem and declare JC to be a total bust and failure because he didn't produce under conditiions worse than and NFL QB has ever had to play in. They are brilliant in this regard, and although they continue to blast him by continuouly stating that which everyone is fully aware, they forget the causes and denounce any possibility that he will ever live up to their expectations, which happen to be much higher than they are for themselves, based on the fact that they probably never made it past second string long snapper in high school. They discount the fact that many hall of fame QBs struggled mightily early in their careers. The fact that many bust is not also not news, but to declare JC a bust after 10 games or so as a rookie starter and is beyond all hope of recovery is a stupid position to take. JC was never a good fit, but any one of the things I mentioned would impact a veteran QB's play. I imagine he will land with some west coast team and, if he is not totally shot, develop. But for now, JC is a Panther, so leave him alone. These people who continue to harrass him are just showing everyone that they are punks, garnering some sort of twisted self-esteem from ganging up on someone. It takes a punk to hide behind a fake name on the internet a cheap shot someone else. This is not 2010, so move on.

Cam has shown that with better QB play, a much better OC, healthier offensive line, and healthy RBs, we still struggle. That is how bad we have become.

Archived