• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moar Wookies

SevenSixes

I am glad RR said it. Look at the tape, the guys that are out there going to get it, play them, they deserve it. In today's world of the pampered athlete, alot of guys start to just go through the motions, so if that's what's happening, sit em down.

But but but, we gotta sign that veteran big name free agent and win now dammit!

Philly just called and said hi!

I hate losing also, but I appreciate that Rivera understands we are in it for the long haul! I will take a few losing seasons to build for greatness. At the end of the day, you can be a physical freak but if the heart isn't in the game then u gotta go.

I hope like Hell the Rivera way works and time will tell but I truly believe hurney and Rivera are gonna have moments they clash hard. Prolly had awkward moment 1 when Rivera told Hurney that Everette was garbage. Wonder how Hurney takes....."Armanti, good guy but can't contribute to the level we need.....cut him!"

I can see the potential in Fua and McClain. Think Rivera desparately wants him getting into offseason to mold them the way he envisions and we will all b wearing Fua jerseys in two years barring injuries. Is it wrong to quietly wish we get no.1 pick so we can reap auction results?

I have no points here....just rambling like the OP just on a optimist front.

I understand how Steel feels. It seems like we have been in the rebuilding/reevaluation mode forever. In reality, though, we have had this approach all year. Proof? Not signing an alternative when Edwards went down. Not going after cheap but quality free agents like Carlos Rogers. Relying on Naanee as the #2 receiver. So in spite of what RR says, he and Hurney have been doing this all year.

Like most, I will give them a pass for this year assuming it is for the greater good. Deep down though, I will worry more than a little if we do not have some positive momentum going into next year.

Winning is not something you can just turn on and off like a switch.

i really think this is the last season for awhile of

1. counting primarily on rookies and inexperienced players to hold down specific roles long-term

2. doing so without holding them accountable by benching them, acquiring upgrades, or just dumping them.

that's not the way you build and sustain success. developing young players is very important, but so is utilizing the free agent market to solidify positions that you don't straighten out through the draft and street free agents during the season. next season is going to have a slightly different mandate, and i think we'll learn a lot about the patience of ron rivera once put up or shut up time comes for some of his roster choices and projects.

But but but, we gotta sign that veteran big name free agent and win now dammit!

Philly just called and said hi!

This is a pretty poor argument considering a few of those veteran big name defensive free agents could have been the difference for us between 2-7 and 7-2.

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and admit that big name players are big name for a reason. Made a mistake passing on some of them. Not standing up for the OP, just saying that we could have had our cake and eaten it too had we just been courageous enough to try.

lazy and narrow-minded viewpoint results in a lame understanding of the big picture.

screw trying to build a team that can win consistently in the future, even if it results in a few more losses than we would like this year. if they aren't doing it now they've failed.

brilliant outlook.

I'll leave the ad hominem attacks and chippy remarks to you, as you do it better than I do.

Watch Cam's Postgame from Sundays game and tell me again how many more losses this man can stand?

Not convinced? Try watching this postgame from our loss to the Vikes just two weeks before.

See the difference?

Wins this season might not be important to you, but it is important to him.

Ron was already shutting it down when he elected to put Otah on IR for the rest of the season a month ago, he just spelled it out to the rest of us in the presser yesterday.

You can complain about me all you want, I didn't make the decision.

But if your looking for the end of this season to look like the start, you're likely going to be disappointed.

So far, the only significant "play the young guy" move we've made this season is to release Fields and give Neblett more snaps, and Neblett rewarded us with a sack.

I don't think Rivera is suggesting that we're going to pack the season in, but at 2-7 the focus should be on continuing to develop the young players. If your going to suck anyways, you might as well develop players and build the core.

None of us expected the Panthers to play as well as they have this season. Cam has been a revelation and as Rivera said, the expectations changed.

The Titans game was a reality check... it is sobering to realize how far we still have to go, but you just have to hang in there. We have a franchise QB and that's the most difficult thing to find, so it's just a matter of time before we are a contender again.

In one year, we went from by far the worst offense in the league to a top 10 offense with a rookie HC and QB and a new playbook with no OTA's or mini-camps... that is an amazing turnaround and it far exceeds anything anyone could have reasonably expected.

On defense, we've been bit hard with the injury bug. Few teams could sustain the injuries we have sustained on defense and still be effective. Beason is the QB and the heart and soul of our defense and he went down in week 1, then TD goes down, Edwards (the guy who was supposed to be the anchor of our interior d-line) goes down in TC, etc... so these key injuries + a new and drastically different defensive scheme with no OTA's or mini-camps = a recipe for disaster.

Like Rivera said, the injuries have a trickle-down effect on ST's as well. Keep in mind that Barnidge lead in tackles on ST's last year and he went down in the pre-season. The injuries have created a constantly change set of ST players and like any other unit, that makes things very difficult.

I guess what I'm saying is I understand your frustration, but we're headed in the right direction. The # 1 thing we need at this point is time.

This is a pretty poor argument considering a few of those veteran big name defensive free agents could have been the difference for us between 2-7 and 7-2.

Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet and admit that big name players are big name for a reason. Made a mistake passing on some of them. Not standing up for the OP, just saying that we could have had our cake and eaten it too had we just been courageous enough to try.

I can agree with what you are saying in certain instances. And will concur that the staff should have no doubt after our admitted future 11 game 2012 preseason what free agents they need to pursue. Just annoys me that everyone seems to want the FO to pursue anyone that has been talked about by ESPN.

I have come to the conclusion that the rest of this year is about the coaching staff deciding who will remain for depth once our starters return, draft picks made, and FA are signed

What's the cause of Jerry Sandusky's pedophilia?

Sexy kids.

How was the Penn State playbook like a dick?

They both got shoved down your throat by Sandusky.

If an older woman chasing a younger guy is called a cougar, what do you call an older guy chasing a young boy?

A Nittany Lion…

Penn State: the only University where you can major in minors

BREAKING NEWS:

Jerry Sandusky has attempted suicide by jumping into the sea...

Coastguards found him bobbing up and down on a small buoy!

You may hate Jerry Sandusky, but at least he drove slowly through school zones.

These Jerry Sandusky jokes are old...

...unlike those boys in the shower.

Sandusky is set to remake two Schwarzenegger films into one...

It's going to be called Kindergarten Predator.

Jerry Sandusky walks into an elementary school just as classes are let out for the day, when a teacher approaches him & asks, "so which child is yours?"

Sandusky replies: "I don't care, surprise me."

At Sandusky's arraignment, the judge reportedly asked him, "How does 8-9 years sound?"

He replied, "Sexy."

It has been reported that Jerry Sandusky was often late for work...

Which is understandable as he liked to come in a little behind.

When I was a kid I was very ill in a hospital for quite some time, and I remember when Jerry Sandusky came to visit me...

I was touched.

Jerry Sandusky, Tim Curley and Gary Shultz are on a plane with a bunch of Second Mile kids, when suddenly the plane careens out of control and is on course to crash. .. Curley yells out, "Here, there are 3 parachutes!"

"What about the kids?!?!" replies Shultz.

Curley angrily replies, "fug the kids!!!"

To this, Sandusky calmly asks: "Have we got enough time?"

On a scale of 1-10, how old is Jerry Sandusky's boyfriend?

During the Grand Jury investigation, Sandusky reportedly remarked, "I wish I had known that I was going to grow up to be pedophile." When asked "Why?", he responded,

"Because I'd have taken pictures of myself naked when I was younger."

When's bedtime at the Sandusky house?

When the big hand touches the little hand.

What's the difference between Jerry Sandusky and a terrorist?

Sandusky actually gets his virgins.

An investigative reporter discovered that in his younger days, Sandusky was fired from his first job as a lifeguard...

Turns out the kids have to be dying before you can kiss them.

What's the difference between a Bride and a Groom?

Jerry Sandusky doesn't Bride school kids.

I hear Sandusky had to stop going to church. The priests kept fighting over who got to hear his confession.

One of the most sickening things about this whole ordeal is how a lot of people apparently saw the warning signs, yet did nothing about it...

For example, one night Jerry Sandusky & Tim Curley were watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" together, when Jerry asks, "Would you bone Keira Knightley?"

Curley replied, "She's got a skinny ass and no tits...it'd be like shagging a school boy."

Jerry replies, "Yeah, so would I."

Most people probably don't know that Jerry Sandusky was also a ventriloquist:

He would put his hand up a boy's bum and tell him not to talk.

How is a Jerry Sandusky like a tortoise?

He gets there before the hare.

Archived