• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's amazing how much hate Cam Newton still gets...

SCP

man u guys always bring up racism when vince young and vick and so many other bqbs had their stupid crazy fanatics just like The Golden Calf of Bristol has. also tewbow has other fans like religion nuts. lol

did eric crouch make it, ummmmmmm no.

people see through shaded glasses because of the history of america, and i cant blame ya. but it comes a time when u have to see the truth. now have there been major racism against bqbs,........YESSSSSSSS. but that was along time ago, racism is not gone but it sure aint a major factor or VICK wouldnt been the MOST hated man and got a 100 mill CONTRACT AGAIN after one half of a season. lol (love the irony)

cam is hated because not all people are panther fans, hate to be wrong about a prospect, college rival, college accousations, jealous, think hes a fake arrogant guy who loves attention.... not saying there aint racist that don't like him(just looke at the espn mb's) but u guys take that stuff overboard.

and im not telling u that im a white guy or im black or mexican, because it doesnt matter, but what does is that i spoke the truth!!!!

Seriously though, I think a lot of the hate in this area comes from butt hurt USC or Clemson fans. USC was man handled by Cam and Co. last year and same for Clemson. I have friends at USC that refuse to root for this "cheater". They know nothing about him and the only reason they hate him is because he put a whooping on their favorite team. I just keep telling them to get over it. That poo was almost a year ago.

PFFL, Sylvianlight, TRD. If Cam were white theyd use him to bash the Vicks, and Tyrod Taylors of the world for not being real QBs. They damn sure wouldnt make 40 alts tryna convince us hes a failure or how bothered they are by how much praise hes getting. Just being a Panther isnt enough for those guys. Its deeper than that. They relate to and pull for Dalton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, Moore more. Asking them to do differently goes against theyve been taught or learned. Cam Newton isnt on Sylvianlights team, The Golden Calf of Bristol is.

Nobody's trying to convince you Cam's a failure. You're just paranoid, and play the race card when it's really not necessary.

And btw, I like Michael Vick as an athlete and a quarterback. When he came into this league he was unstoppable. Unfortunately for a black quarterback to be an all around elite passer you gotta hit the football books too and learn the basics of the position. It's just part of the requirement. No way of getting around it. Without the strategy, and the chess part, you're not gonna reach elite levels. It ain't about being black. It's about what the quarterback position requires.

When a black quarterback enters the league that has the intelligence of Pittsburg's Steelers coach Michael Tomlin, you're going to have your first chance at a true black elite passer. Until then, as long as most black QB's play the position primarily based on athleticism, it's just not going to happen. That's just my opinion. But it's never happened for white QB's either. Plenty of white quarterbacks without the intelligence for the positions have tried and failed as well or have never really reached elite status.

And that's because the QB position isn't primarily about athleticism. It's about brains first. So look for a black QB that's got this guy's character.

mike-tomlin2.jpg

You need a thinker like that dude who can keep a cool head head under pressure.

You need to be good at geometry and special awareness.

You need to be good at math.

You need to be good at chess or some other similar mind game.

You need to be a good strategist.

On top of that you also need to be accurate.

Then comes the leadership ability, modesty, and one of the quickest things that will get you frowned upon is probably bitching about race in the NFL.

Then comes the athleticism.

But who knows. With some time, the right coaching and will power, Cam Newton may get there someday. He's just not there yet. And that's all I'm saying.

But don't listen to me...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRE9m9uLqoVwI_kKLbJAiSRqqIQsoQlEG_o6428mFzzwx5ubiMr

And the truth is it's a numbers game. It takes ~500 white college QB's to get a Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. It takes ~500 black basketball college players to get one elite NBA player. It's going to take just as many black QB prospects to find you an elite black QB.

Not to mention. Don't hold on to the ball so long your receivers get wrapped up. Learn to lead your defenders away from your receivers with your eyes so they have room to break free. STOP reacting to defenses. Make THEM react to you. You are in charge. And certainly STOP throwing passes behind the line of scrimmage or for short dump offs on 3rd and 15. That poo isn't going to get you a first down in the NFL on 9 out of 10 attempts.

Smith isn't a damn running back and not even they can do it.

Jesus Christ, you expect him to play like a ten year vet as a rookie? This is where your argument is flawed.

Jesus Christ, you expect him to play like a ten year vet as a rookie? This is where your argument is flawed.

No I expect him to play like Andy Dalton does. Better than Dalton actually since he's the #1 pick.

Those are just the freaking basics man. What you mean to tell me he should be held to lower standards than Andy Dalton?

Hidden

well I say let whoever hates on cam newton hate. People say they would stop hating if the panthers would win football games. Well it's not just cam newton's job. It is the whole damn teams job. Regardless he is doing his thing this year. It is true no one loves to see their favorite team loose a game, but it is not a sign to hate on him. Now as for the Auburn Scandal. That happened in the past. It is time to leave poo in the fuging past, and not bring it back up. Damn. He learned a damn lesson. Suck it up and shut the hell up!

Archived