• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Boycotting ESPN

Plewis

I just saw the Sportscenter highlights from the Celtics-Bobcats game and they showed DJs quote from earlier in the year where he said something along the lines about how the Celtics try to punk other teams, but when you push back they fold. And then they showed DJ getting blocked by Eddie House and then the Celtics drilling like 4 other buckets. They did not show how we were handling them for the majority of the game. ESPN is so biased, is it just me or have they gone downhill in the last 3 years. It's all about the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, and Red Sox. I just can't stand it anymore. I'm switching to Fox Sports.

It's all about the Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, Yankees, and Red Sox.

You forgot Tiger... he's real high on their list too.

ESPN is the big dog now... the corporate conglomerate of the sports TV world... they cater to what they consider to be the biggest block of viewers. I'm not saying I like it, that's just the way it is...

I still watch it, but I get way more of my sports info from the web than anywhere (just like other news too...).

It's not just ESPN. NBA TV is no better. After they aired highlights for our game last night, the annoucer goes, "the Celtics were running on tired legs most of the night..." to say that they looked bad --- not that we're a GOOD team and deserve so credit for controlling them most of the game.

This is just the corporate controlled media going after what's popular. Yankees, Red Sox, Cowboys, Celtics & Lakers... not us. I understand we aren't the top team in the east, but even if we were... it wouldn't matter.

It's rather pathetic, but it's why you gotta love for you take because their YOUR team, and not because they are the popular fad of the moment.

Peace.

I have to give credit to Skip. On First Take today he said that the B-Cats are up-and-coming. Though generally, I hate Skip Bayless... he had a good point. But then he said that we'd give Cleveland fits in the first round. He did his homework knowing that we're up and coming, but did not when it comes to Cleveland. We'd get swept.... though it's starting to look like we may have to wait another year for the playoffs.

more like BSPN

...too bad we have a monopoly here in the States.

Up in Canada there are countless different sports stations/views...I was up in Montreal during the first round of the NCAA's and there is a station "The Score" (mostly dedicated to basketball) which showed every game...they would go back and forth from game to game...no commercials...they would literally have 3 straight hours of basketball...when there was nothing to show they would go to the studio w/ two commentators.

During the break...when no games were going on...they would play commercials from 15 min or so...so that when the games came back on they could just show them commercial-free...awesome coverage...much better than CBS...MUCH better...

Archived