• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte Freaking Observer

SCP

Caveat: I realize that I might be the only 36 year old male in the nation that still gets an actual paper delivered to his house. There is something sacred about holding a paper when you poop, sue me.

So I go out yesterday morning to get my paper and the Observer delivered me a nicely wrapped copy..... of the Tuesday, November 22nd edition. I can see delivering a copy from the day before, but a week old copy? Did anybody else get the 11/22 addition yesterday?

recycling is a big scam

Recycling newspaper is a big scam. The US's biggest export to Japan is old newspaper. (We get their cars they get our old newspaper. No wonder there is such a defecit!)

Everyday paper companies are working on new uses for old newspaper. And we still have a mountain of excess paper!

In the next 10 years, the US has another problem to come up with. Uses for all the excess shipping containers. A lot of European countries are working on turning them into low income homes.

Sorry man I must have had an old copy in the floorboard when I was delivering and since you're at the end of my route I must have thrown it in your drive instead of todays. If you would have called me I would have brought you out a replacement copy.

Archived