• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why we don't hear about players visiting charlotte...

rayzor

but we already know a lot of the players the panthers have been looking at..

Or we think we do.

Every year there are stories about who we're scouting.

And every year, we draft someone else, sometimes even when those guys are still available.

The only players that I can remember hearing such stories about who actually ended up on roster were Julius Peppers (duh) and Eric Shelton (doh) :sosp:

Mr Scot replied better than I would have. And if anyone thinks a team is going to jump in front of another just to "take a player" hasn't the slightest clue about this conversation anyhow.

If you want a player and a team jumps in front, it's because that team wants the player too. Not because they want to "steal" anything.

Mr Scot replied better than I would have. And if anyone thinks a team is going to jump in front of another just to "take a player" hasn't the slightest clue about this conversation anyhow.

If you want a player and a team jumps in front, it's because that team wants the player too. Not because they want to "steal" anything.

You know I love you man, but if you don't think that happens, them you have a foot stuck in unreality, really!...

But......if you haven't broadcast your intentions then they set back and wait their turn and don't get him. You don't ever show your hand. Mel Kiper might guess right once and awhile but, he really has no clue who you will actually pick.

You know I love you man, but if you don't think that happens, them you have a foot stuck in unreality, really!...

I said it does happen. But not just to "steal" a player for the sake of stealing them. A team who jumps in front of another sincerely wants that player. I find it hard to believe they are going to jump in front of another team just to take a player who they didn't really want. and yes, I love you to man. :shocked: :cheers2:

But......if you haven't broadcast your intentions then they set back and wait their turn and don't get him. You don't ever show your hand. Mel Kiper might guess right once and awhile but, he really has no clue who you will actually pick.

Not sure I followed all that, but I think I agree. Ya never show your hand. If you don't broadcast who you want, other teams naturally will hope a player falls into their lap. If they do know and they want that player and you have let the world know who you want, then teams who want said player will indeed jump infront to steal them. The brilliant thing is our FO is smart enough to set up decoys....

Now, understand this is a very basic idea that is much more complex in the NFL world. Propaganda isn't a black and white subject when it comes to the NFL Draft...

I said it does happen. But not just to "steal" a player for the sake of stealing them. A team who jumps in front of another sincerely wants that player. I find it hard to believe they are going to jump in front of another team just to take a player who they didn't really want. and yes, I love you to man. :shocked: :cheers2:

OK, just a matter of semantics. I never was contending that they "stole" the player, just that they jumped in front to take a player they wanted to keep us from getting him. Let's just say they were motivated...

Archived