• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Repeat 2007 Draft Strategy?

AntiBuc

i'm assuming we'll pick between 8-12...

i'd be okay with grabbing johnathan martin, riley reiff, dre kirkpatrick, zach brown, maybe luke keuchly... i really see no reason to trade back unless we get an offer we can't refuse... plenty of good players will be available no matter where you pick.

my #1 guy would be morris claiborne but it is incredibly unlikely he falls to #8 unless there's a bunch of QBs traded up for or something

Because you can never have too many quality wideouts. LaFell seems to be a keeper, but Gettis is still an unknown. Smith is not getting younger, keep in mind. Not even going to mention Edwards who can't seem to sniff the field, obviously he has shown nothing in practice that would lead the coaching staff to give him any playing time.

Im not necessarily advocating that wide out is a priority, but if hes there, and we pick around 7th, I'm sure he'd be BPA.

Because you think real football is just like Madden.

If the Panthers are 7-9 or 6-10, where will they be drafting?

i say stay where you are and take the best player on the board that you need, the QB needy teams are Washington, Miami, Indy and maybe Buffalo. Seattle seems to now like Jackson to keep him another year and the Browns need a WR more than a QB in my book and plus they will pick ahead of Carolina, same with Washington and miami maybe fine with Moore and the Chiefs will likely re-sign Orton.

We have a top 5 offense...do we really need another WR? Meanwhile our defense leaks like a sieve. If Claiborne looks the part then take him at #8. If he doesn't then trade back, take a DT, CB, or LB (whoever looks the best) and acquire more picks. The only problem with this is that Marty Hurney is the one making the trades so I feel like we'll get screwed. I have this sneaky suspicion I won't be happy after this draft if its MH making the calls.

Call me a retard now and say what you want... but those of you who think we are gunna take an OT in the first round (even Kalil) are wrong. No chance. Otah will be back again next year. If he goes down again... thats when we would go for an OT. But theres not a chance in hell this year so hush about Kalil!!!

Call me a retard now and say what you want... but those of you who think we are gunna take an OT in the first round (even Kalil) are wrong. No chance. Otah will be back again next year. If he goes down again... thats when we would go for an OT. But theres not a chance in hell this year so hush about Kalil!!!

otah only has one year left on his deal though... and he's made of glass. gross is gonna be 31 or 32 next year. we gotta start thinking about the future bookends of our line. martin or reiff would make plenty of sense if we're picking between 8-12.

I suppose it all depends where we fall. If we have a chance of getting Morris Claiborne the big time corner out of LSU you take him run and never look back. If we're back a little and our Front office sees a lot of players of comparable talent levels I absolutely agree with trading the pick to a qb hungry team.

If we could somehow land another 1st rounder plus a 2nd and maybe a 4th round pick our turnaround time could be drastically cut in half. Seeing as how we traded our 3rd for Olsen this past year it'd be nice to get the extra picks back anyways so why not if we can find just as talented guys later in the 1st?

Archived