• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cost to give NFL football to a fan

Gamecock#1

Does anyone know how much an NFL player has to pay to give a football to a fan during a game?

I tried looking this up on the internet and did a search for previous posts on the huddle, but I was unable to find a definitive answer. I have heard a range from $500-3000 dollars. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Btw - just broke my posting cherry :)

Huhhh. Never thought of that before. $1500 for a fugging football???? With the reduced rookie contracts and all the football's given away, Cam Newton is going to be broke. He'll be painting houses in the Charlotte area for a summer job.

Normally it's five grand I think. Word is the panthers have ben paying the bills this season and encouraging the players to do it.

I was going to post $5000. It's the cost of "The Duke" F1 100 (Wilson "the Duke" football ($100)) + the special prep that every game ball goes through.

04380_7851.jpg

The host team must have 35 game balls prepped per game. Wait, that has changed. Last year each team must bring 25 each to the game. (I believe that's the number.) And someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they can't be used again. (Even the ones that never make it into a game. However, as much as the balls are swapped out, almost all of them get used.)

Back when I was in Jr High School, I was a Defensive Tackle. I ended up with the ball and stumbled my way into the end zone. At which time I whizzed the ball into the bleachers. And just as fast as I whizzed the ball into the bleachers, I was ejected from the game!

Indiana High School Athletic Assn, rules say, "Upon scoring a touchdown, the player must either place the ball on the field, or hand it to the nearest official. Failure to do either of these, will result in immediate expulsion from the game." (You think the NFL is the "No Fun League"!) My coach wore me out over that move!

Archived