• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

This just in:

"Redshirt sophomore defensive tackle Michael Brockers is also making the jump. He told the assembled media during his press conference Thursday that he'd received feedback (from the NFL) that he'd be a late first round to early second round pick."

So we may be able to get Kirkpatrick at #8, and then nab Brockers later. Would you guy's be pissed if Hurney traded next years 1st round pick and this years 2nd to move back into the 1st to nab Brockers? Lol.

This just in:

"Redshirt sophomore defensive tackle Michael Brockers is also making the jump. He told the assembled media during his press conference Thursday that he'd received feedback (from the NFL) that he'd be a late first round to early second round pick."

So we may be able to get Kirkpatrick at #8, and then nab Brockers later. Would you guy's be pissed if Hurney traded next years 1st round pick and this years 2nd to move back into the 1st to nab Brockers? Lol.

talent pool at DT in the draft isn't thin enough to trade up and open up that can of worms again

I don't know if I'd be pissed but not sure I'd be 100% for it without knowing who all is available.

It's one of those things where you have to assess it at the time.

And how is that "new news"?

Just the part that Brockers was told by the NFL scouting committee personally that he is projected a late 1st/early 2nd pick... that trumps all of these wanna be draft guru's.

It appears that many people are already expecting us to take him in the 1st round..

We will be posting our first mock after the Super Bowl, but I’m going to say right now that if he has a decent combine and does well with his interviews don’t be surprised to see the Carolina Panthers selecting him at the #8/9 position (depending on how our coin toss with Miami goes). There is no other team in the top 10 that has as glaring a need at DT as the Panthers do, and given Rivera’s propensity to draft these types of players (Cam is the obvious example, but many of our picks last year were similarly “High risk, high reward”) it won’t surprise me in the least to see his name get called before we hit number 10 on the draft board.

http://jivehour.wordpress.com/2012/01/13/with-redshirt-sophomore-michael-brockers-declaring-the-top-ten-just-got-more-interesting/

WesBunting After watching tape all morning on #LSU DT Michael Brockers, was shocked how good he was as a run defender for a 6-6, 300 pound DT #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting #LSU DT Michael Brockers still learning how to rush passer, but could be a stud inside vs. run or as 34 5-technique #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting Just kind of blown away from the power/ leverage and upper body strength #LSU DT Michael Brockers displays inside vs. the run #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting #LSU DT Michael Brockers can bend, create leverage, strong lower half & uses his long/strong arms well to shed & find football WOW #NFLDRAFT

WesBunting I would take #LSU DT Michael Brockers over #UNC Quinton Coples, #PennState Devon Still, going to be top DL on my board easy... #NFLDRAFT

hopefully they dont fuging hype him too much, dammit

yeah...i love seeing that people are seeing what i thought was there, but the sales job might get too good and he could be gone really early.

i didn't mind it with cam last year because i knew there wasn't anyone who could get him before us.

Archived