• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle being shown the door?

cookinwithgas

$1 mill is a lot when you're strapped for cash. If I read the other thread correctly, if Jansen doesn't make the final roster, we don't give up anything to Green Bay. My guess, this is just in case we don't free up some money (through trading Pep and losing the cap hit, restructuring Jake/Smitty/whoever, etc.). If we do free up that money, Jansen doesn't make the roster, we don't lose anything and Kyle is re-signed.

EDIT: I think Kyle is worth that number to the FO, just not when we are already struggling to dig change out of the sofa cushions.

$1 mill is a lot when you're strapped for cash. If I read the other thread correctly, if Jansen doesn't make the final roster, we don't give up anything to Green Bay. My guess, this is just in case we don't free up some money (through trading Pep and losing the cap hit, restructuring Jake/Smitty/whoever, etc.). If we do free up that money, Jansen doesn't make the roster, we don't lose anything and Kyle is re-signed.

EDIT: I think Kyle is worth that number to the FO, just not when we are already struggling to dig change out of the sofa cushions.

This.

The Panthers could have let Peppers walk, he made it clear that he's wanted out for quite some time. Carolina is just trying to force him to stay there or get over compensated for a 29 year old player.

He didn't let Carolina know such (publicly) until this season.

Stop trolling my forum..

We would not have matched the deals Frank and Hangman recieved if we had the money.
true....AND we didn't have starting jobs to offer them that they wanted and got with other teams.

they went not because we let them go but because they wanted a chance to start. that wasn't going to happen here.

the money they got and the opportunity they got we couldn't/shouldn't have matched.

From a business standpoint, I think I see a subplot of what Hurney is doing here. Sending another hint to Peppers that we are standing pat with our stance and we will find other ways to update the roster even with no cap room.

Archived