• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has anyone ever...

DoWorkBson

successfully cancelled part of your time warner service? I tried to cancel my internet today.... No dice but I did go through 4 of the girls "promo" pitches before I agreed to something. Its saving me 30 bucks a month and supposedly I have upgraded from rr light to standard so Im happy!! The only reason I let her talk me into it is because she sounded adorable lol.

Yep. I used to live near the walk-in office in Uptown. Walked in, handed them my modem, and saved myself $45-50 a month. I could pull free internet from someone in my condo complex and no longer needed it.

I have Verizon FiOS up here. PWNS the HELL out of TWC. I hope you guys get it soon. It's light years better.

Yep. I used to live near the walk-in office in Uptown. Walked in, handed them my modem, and saved myself $45-50 a month. I could pull free internet from someone in my condo complex and no longer needed it.

I have Verizon FiOS up here. PWNS the HELL out of TWC. I hope you guys get it soon. It's light years better.

I just want to point out a bear could poo in the woods and it would own the hell out of TWC...

Watch out for uverse! I got uverse internet....it would take me way too long to describe my billing problems. They sell you one thing...then seem to bill whatever they want. Have spent literally hours on hold trying to get it straightened out. Incredible run around...they continue to over bill. I will drop them as soon as a year is up (before that they charge $250 for the modem). I know someone who got the TV service who had bigger problems than me.

Watch out for uverse! I got uverse internet....it would take me way too long to describe my billing problems. They sell you one thing...then seem to bill whatever they want. Have spent literally hours on hold trying to get it straightened out. Incredible run around...they continue to over bill. I will drop them as soon as a year is up (before that they charge $250 for the modem). I know someone who got the TV service who had bigger problems than me.

I got uverse... No problems and totally love their service.

I got uverse... No problems and totally love their service.

They offered me a special of $29 per mth and a free modem. They charged me $250 for the modem and $45 for service. After days and hours of calls...got the modem taken off. Many more calls and hours on hold...and many transfers...someone finally said they would fix my bill. (The only way I could spend that long on hold and tolerate the transfers...is that I call from work...put the phone on speaker...then get my paperwork done. Have never been on hold so long with anyone else. My first phone call to attempt to get this fixed took 2 hours and 45 min). Still got billed 45. So now...if I do not pay my bill....the next month I get billed 45 and my past due turns to 29. I pay the past due and then play the same game next month. This has been going on since last June.

Glad you do not have any problems.

They offered me a special of $29 per mth and a free modem. They charged me $250 for the modem and $45 for service. After days and hours of calls...got the modem taken off. Many more calls and hours on hold...and many transfers...someone finally said they would fix my bill. (The only way I could spend that long on hold and tolerate the transfers...is that I call from work...put the phone on speaker...then get my paperwork done. Have never been on hold so long with anyone else. My first phone call to attempt to get this fixed took 2 hours and 45 min). Still got billed 45. So now...if I do not pay my bill....the next month I get billed 45 and my past due turns to 29. I pay the past due and then play the same game next month. This has been going on since last June.

Glad you do not have any problems.

It depends who you talk too. If you call after 7pm or on weekends, you will get nothing resolved. My fiance got overbilled for service, she called on Saturday to get it fixed, got transferred 4 times then got some indian guy who was super rude to her and then hang up on her. She called on Monday around 2pm and got an american girl who fixed everything within 10mins plus gave her free HBO, Showtime, and etc for 3 months. If you call and associate is not helpful just hang up and call back later.

I was always calling weekdays in the afternoon....well before 5pm.

And I did the call back and get another person thing. It was the worst customer service experience ever. My impression was that it was bait and switch tactics and they just hoped I would give up.

Glad they are not like that all the time but like I said I know someone else who had problems with tv service. Sounds like you got lucky.

By the way...the quality of the internet service is good. No complaints about that.

UVerse here and no problems.. although I'm not surprised when customer satisfaction ratings for all TV/Net/Phone services are in the 50-65% arena.. TWC has the lowest of them all and are notorious for shitting all over their customers..

Archived