• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro Bowl

Paintballr

So whatever happened to the skills competition that use to happen the week of the pro bowl? That was more enjoyable to me than the game itself.

Hell I remember Jake won the Qb one year beat out Kurt and a few other Qb's, who else would like for it to come back?

As I recall they used to have a flag football game on the beach as well.

Then someone's Pro Bowl RB blew out his knee in the sand.

pro bowl really needs some changes...the game is essentially a QB throwing drill for the first half!

something needs to change to make the game worth something.

I feel bad when people pay money to see it. I get it, it's the one game a year there for the NFL, but the first half players weren't even really trying. You can't rush the QB, it's so stale, that I think they need to do something.....but then again we always say this every year and the nfl keeps making money off of it.

It's nice to reward players with the vacation, but do something different for it to have meaning. MLB, winner gets home field advantage. Nba has a week long skills competition.

If I was a player and I was going up against my peers to see who can run the fastest 40, or throw the most accurate ball while on the run, or the best sideline cacth, that would make me go all out for bragging rights and make good tv. I'm sure Espn would love to show that all day instead of reruns of mike and mike all day or tennis....

with no superbowl players playing in the pro bowl, the whole injury argument kind of gets thrown out the window as well. I'd hate to see anyone get injured anytime, but if you expect them to play full contact pre season games, why not a full contact pro bowl too? football isn't alone here, if anyone watched the NHL all star game this weekend, it's exactly the same. NHL Skills competition is still alot of fun to watch though

with no superbowl players playing in the pro bowl, the whole injury argument kind of gets thrown out the window as well. I'd hate to see anyone get injured anytime, but if you expect them to play full contact pre season games, why not a full contact pro bowl too? football isn't alone here, if anyone watched the NHL all star game this weekend, it's exactly the same. NHL Skills competition is still alot of fun to watch though

Exactly, you see every sport that knows its being a baby with these games, make up for it with some kind of skills event before. How is a skills competition worse than having a player going surfing or fished? Had a buddy of mind lose a finger when he went surfing, can you imagine the bad press if drew brass lost his finger over the weekend and can't throw again? But we can't let them play a toss game....

Archived