• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers uniforms won't change in 2012

Car123

Hidden

Yep, for some reason the blue alts look green in photographs half the time.

I often question my ability to see colors well, so seeing our panther blue uniforms (or is it blue-green wtf) just makes it even worse. Good to know that I'm not the only one that sees green half the time (or most of the time lol). I thought Jerry was letting some green dye fall into our uniforms and just didn't make it official or some sh*t...

Yep, for some reason the blue alts look green in photographs half the time.

I often question my ability to see colors well, so seeing our panther blue uniforms (or is it blue-green wtf) just makes it even worse. Good to know that I'm not the only one that sees green half the time (or most of the time lol). I thought Jerry was letting some green dye fall into our uniforms and just didn't make it official or some sh*t...

i'd rather they just switch to a color that isn't so close to that ugly greenish blue.

it's darker than what's on that uniform.

not a fan of that at all, btw.

wait wut? are you for or against color changing?

lbRWf.png

These don't even look like they're remotely the same color (taken from the same game too).

someone will probably make a thread about this, but JR says there will be a change in the helmet but the uniforms won't change in his lifetime.

Panther owner Jerry Richardson has long been known to pick up the phone and call a random fan or three that has either written him a letter or written into the "feedback" section of the Panthers.com website. Richardson is like that -- anyone who has met him on one of his pregame golf cart rides knows he likes to talk to fans directly.

The Panthers owner apparently did that late last week with a fan named Mike (who didn't want his last name used) from Winston-Salem after Mike wrote to the Panthers website that he really wanted the Panthers to change their uniforms since the team already has altered its logo for the first time since its inception. Mike is a fan of the "Scott Says" blog and had read this post about the uniform situation, which prompted his letter.

Mike says Richardson told him, however, that the owner was a traditionalist and that the uniforms wouldn't be changing in Richardson's lifetime, as Mike wrote to me in an email and reiterated in a later phone conversation we had.

However, this is interesting. Mike said Richardson also told him that the Panthers' helmet would change in 2012 but that he wasn't going to go into specifics about that.

As Mike said: "He stated we will see some changes in the helmet but wouldn't go into detail."

Now, the Panthers' helmet must change some -- the new logo dictates that. But will the helmet color change? Will anything else change besides the logo on the helmet?

That's the latest -- and maybe the only real remaining -- question about what the Panthers will wear in 2012. Forget about the uniforms -- they aren't going anywhere.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/02/richardson-tells-panther-fan-that.html

I don't see how putting the new logo on the same jersey will look or work. I can't think of one team that redesigned their logo but kept the same uniform. It seems pretty dumb. Although I like the uniforms I would like to see a silver alternate. That would be sweet. But as I said can u guys remember a team that changed logo but kept se

Uniforms

I see the uniforms getting tweaked but nothing major. And honestly they don't need major overhaul, just new color combinations.

Yeah I like the idea of keeping the same jersey. Just like u said more combinations. A silver alternative would help us from seeing the white uniforms all the time. But honestly I think we have one of the best uniforms in the league

Archived