• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam on Jim Rome

D34Williams

I'm glad that Cam is getting exposure.

Good for him, good for the franchise.

He also seems to be improving in the interview arena, at least he seemed a lot more relaxed in the interview with Storm and then Phil Sims.

In Newton's world though, 'to whom much is given, much is expected'.

Being the 'it' guy also means that defenses will love nothing more than burying his ass in his head; so, let's hope that he does get to understand quick hot routes, getting rid of the ball in 4 seconds or less, that the defensive players are just as big and fast as he is, or his career will be short-loved.

I remember when Vick was the 'it' guy and defenses just loved to beat the crap out of him and still do.

Von Miller in the Pro Bowl had a lot of fun at Cam's expense.

I dont follow.

I guess he meant he took it real personal as if he's the only one who wanted to win...That's what I'm assuming.

I do like Cam's honesty and candidness even though many try and turn it into more than what it is. Many QBs do see themselves as above the other players and many people encourage them to feel that way. The fact that Cam seems to be settling into his role as a leader and not just a rookie QB is worth admiring.

I'm glad that Cam is getting exposure.

Good for him, good for the franchise.

He also seems to be improving in the interview arena, at least he seemed a lot more relaxed in the interview with Storm and then Phil Sims.

In Newton's world though, 'to whom much is given, much is expected'.

Being the 'it' guy also means that defenses will love nothing more than burying his ass in his head; so, let's hope that he does get to understand quick hot routes, getting rid of the ball in 4 seconds or less, that the defensive players are just as big and fast as he is, or his career will be short-loved.

I remember when Vick was the 'it' guy and defenses just loved to beat the crap out of him and still do.

Von Miller in the Pro Bowl had a lot of fun at Cam's expense.

Seriously, why do those who sit and watch sports always feel empowered to tell certain athletes what they should do?

Von Miller had a lot of fun at the O-line expense, not Cam's. Did you focus on anyone else when Cam was playing?

As Rodger stated, the NFC weren't taking the game as seriously as the AFC and it "pissed" him off. What part of that did you miss? Or, does it give you great pleasure to get on your high horse and tell Cam what he should do based on what you saw in a game where only one side played harder than the other.

Whoa Buddy, I don't feel empowered to do anything.

You missed the entire point.

Newton shows promise. I love him. We all love him...but, all the talk and all the ads and all the National love in world will mean nothing unless he produces next year more consistently than this. He has not arrived and hopefully he will. Those flaws with blitzes were not lost on the teams outside of and inside of our division. Until he makes teams pay for it, it will not stop.

My point with Miller is that Newton has an opportunity to make him pay for those sacks and for the celebrating MIller did doing them. Let's see if he does.

I need to see Cam have a perfect performance, at home, in a win, against a playoff team when it matters and I can't think of any bigger game than the one with Denver.

I dont follow.

In another interview Cam said he talked to Ray Lewis and he told Ray he hated losing and Ray basically talked some sense into him and said you think you are the first guy to come into the NFL that is used to winning and then didn't win? He came from the dynasty of The U (Miami) and the Ravens didn't have a winning record for 3 seasons after Ray Lewis got there. Basically telling him don't isolate yourself because you think you are the only one that wants to win, just do what you can do. Cam said that really stuck with him and it made him mature because he never really thought of it like that.

Whoa Buddy, I don't feel empowered to do anything.

You missed the entire point.

Newton shows promise. I love him. We all love him...but, all the talk and all the ads and all the National love in world will meannothing unless he produces next year more consistently than this. He has not arrived and hopefully he will. Those flaws with blitzes were not lost on the teams outside of and inside of our division. Until he makes teams pay for it, it will not stop.

My point with Miller is that Newton has an opportunity to make him pay for those sacks and for the celebrating MIller did doing them. Let's see if he does.

I need to see Cam have a perfect performance, at home, in a win, against a playoff team when it matters and I can't think of any bigger game than the one with Denver.

No, my response was based on the attitude many of you seem to still have towards Cam. That he's "stupid" and so you sit and over analyze his every move, while ignore the reality. The fact that you're stating some of your observation of Cam based on a game that was so meaningless to some they barely touched anyone, only proves my point.

You should be want to see the Panthers as a whole give a good performance, not just Cam. He isn't playing 20 something other positions.

No, my response was based on the attitude many of you seem to still have towards Cam. That he's "stupid" and so you sit and over analyze his every move, while ignore the reality. The fact that you're stating some of your observation of Cam based on a game that was so meaningless to some they barely touched anyone, only proves my point.

OK, I'm not going to turn this into a TRD vs whoever discussion of he said, she said, i meant, you meant.

My comments about Newton are based watching/observing him play at the stadium and on TV since preseason. Period.

I believe them.

If you don't, your right and have a nice evening.

In another interview Cam said he talked to Ray Lewis and he told Ray he hated losing and Ray basically talked some sense into him and said you think you are the first guy to come into the NFL that is used to winning and then didn't win? He came from the dynasty of The U (Miami) and the Ravens didn't have a winning record for 3 seasons after Ray Lewis got there. Basically telling him don't isolate yourself because you think you are the only one that wants to win, just do what you can do. Cam said that really stuck with him and it made him mature because he never really thought of it like that.

I like the fact that Cam isn't afraid to tell stories of those who have encouraged him. IMO, it shows maturity and humility. Many forget that Cam is only 22. Just imagine where you were at that age and what you were doing.

I'm sure the other rookie QBs are getting the same feedback if they are open to it. They just aren't being scrutinized as much as Cam.The fact that Cam is even talking about his conversations with the Vets in the league says a lot about him.

OK, I'm not going to turn this into a TRD vs whoever discussion of he said, she said, i meant, you meant.

My comments about Newton are based watching/observing him play at the stadium and on TV since preseason. Period.

I believe them.

If you don't, your right and have a nice evening.

I'm just saying that you seem to want more out of Cam than you do the rest of the team. When in reality, a team can make it to the SB with a decent QB but no matter how perfect a QB is, he needs a strong supporting cast. Demanding perfection from Cam while the rest of the team isn't playing at the top of their game isn't going to get you anywhere near a play-off, nevermind a SB. The Pro-bowl should have shown you that. It was Cam vs. the AFC defense. He had no protection.

Also, don't get upset. I'm a Giants fan. I have a QB who still throws tons of Ints and makes his share of mistakes. I take him for what he is. If he didn't have a strong supporting case of men, do you really feel the Giants would be in the SB?

If anything the GB Packers early exit for the Play-offs showed me, Rodgers is only as good as his teammates doing their job.

Newton shows promise. I love him. We all love him...but, all the talk and all the ads and all the National love in world will mean nothing unless he produces next year more consistently than this. He has not arrived and hopefully he will. Those flaws with blitzes were not lost on the teams outside of and inside of our division. Until he makes teams pay for it, it will not stop.

Are you implying that the pro-bowl proved something that teams didn't know before and will now take advantage of? Because that's what it seems like, but it's stupid as hell and I don't want to think less of you without due cause, so I'll give you an opportunity to clarify.

When he has an offensive line that actually attempts to play football instead of playing patty-cake, Newton is actually great vs the blitz. http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/carolina-panthers/76865-cam-was-the-12th-best-qb-under-pressure.html

Archived