• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wake Forest.

Swan

Thanks for the input, Panther. Really appreciate it. Top 10 medicine. Did not know that. However, I didn't apply to UNC. Out of state admissions seemed too competitive. If I do go to Wake, it could be a transfer option. We'll see.

Also, being from two of the hottest states (Texas and California), how is the climate and weather of North Carolina?

Weather is f*cking amazing. I've been wearing shorts and t-shirts all year. In the summer, it doesn't get overly hot either, but it's generally very humid.

Also, UNC accepts a much higher percentage of transfers than freshman, so it could definitely be an option of you're still considering it down the line.

I'd suggest applying to other NC schools so transferring to Wake/UNC would be easier a semester or two down the line, but I think a lot of the major NC schools have already past the deadlines.

Well, while they may be about the same academically, UNC really is harder to get into if you are an out of state student than Wake Forest. UNC limits itself to something like 15% of out of state students, because state schools are required to serve the needs of state residents over those from out of state.

With Wake being private, they don't have these restrictions. In fact, about 3/4 of Wake's students are out of state students.

From that perspective, I agree.

It may change soon though. In state students are highly subsidized and with education budgets decreasing, the schools need more out of state students to generate more revenue.

Slowly, but gradually occurring in the California schooling system. The UCs are beginning to admit more out of state students. In a time of recession, it's expected. Especially when California is heavily in debt.

Archived